• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuttleloop Cancel/Spam - Battlefield

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Here is another potentially useless/useful trick. EDIT: A 2nd explanation has been edited in at the bottom.

Unfortunately, I don't have recording hardware handy; however, I'm confident you will be able to figure it out.

This is a neat little trick that works best on Battlefield.

If you are under the stage and UP+B so that the 'upper part' of the flip will catch the ledge (this will feel like you're doing it 'backwards') you can spam UP+B to immediately do Shuttleloop again off the ledge grab, then spam UP+B *again* to do a 3rd Shuttleloop in a consistent row off the platform.

Given some testing, this might prove useful.

edit: *facepalm* It's not the ledge grab thats canceling it; as much as I mean to say: landing on the strip of land and going off the edge slightly seems to do the trick here.

2nd explanation:

On Battlefield, hop off the side of the map then jump under the stage. In the air, turn around to face the direction you just came from. At this point, you should be under the stage, and if you hopped off the right side, you should be facing right. As far as exactly where under the stage you should be, you want to make it so when you press UP+B the shuttleloop's actual loop will put you back on the main land; so you're rather close to the land vertically and not too far in horizontally. Now, with just a minute of practice; when you use the shuttleloop, you should be able to use it immediately again as it lands up top on the 'main land'. At this point, you have potentially attacked someone looping back onto the stage, then again because you can do it immediately as you landed. Now, if you spaced everything properly, you should be able to shuttleloop a 3rd time because your 2nd shuttleloop made you land properly on the right-side platform. (the loop put you up there). The end result from floating below the stage to getting up above should be three extremely quick consecutive shuttleloops. I would like to post a video eventually for those having trouble imaging this because I've used it in matches and it's actually proven useful. You could always go for at least 2 consecutive shuttleloops on other stages.

edit: I name this 'technique' "Halberding" as a tribute to us Meta Knights all over.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I gotta say out of those who contacted me and those who play with me, you two are the first to not understand this. It's really simple - and even if it's written in a manner that confuses you, there is enough simple clues to figure out how to do this.

Anyways, I'm not here to personally educate you on English, comprehension, or how to play Smash. If you can't figure it out, don't worry about it.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I confess I can't understand what you're trying to say, either. I'm sure it's perfectly straightforward viewing it firsthand, and it probably makes perfect sense, but I'm afraid you're going to need to reword your first post if you want any feedback.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I confess I can't understand what you're trying to say, either. I'm sure it's perfectly straightforward viewing it firsthand, and it probably makes perfect sense, but I'm afraid you're going to need to reword your first post if you want any feedback.
Very well. I'll edit the first post in an attempt to explain it for others. Any idea where good recording hardware (price efficient) has been suggested?

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
Awesome.

Just awesome, I can trick my friends with this. ^_^
Yes, I did understand what you are supposed to do.
Thanks.
I'm glad you were able to do it. While it does come across as a 'parlor trick', it's very easy to see how you could KO people with this esp if they are working the ledge from either side, offensively or defensively.

Best of luck Chrome and keep reppin' that Meta, bro.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Very well. I'll edit the first post in an attempt to explain it for others. Any idea where good recording hardware (price efficient) has been suggested?
Ahh, that's much better, and very interesting. I'd not have thought that was possible.

I'm afraid I don't know much in the way of recording hardware, though. Though the search function on this forum is mostly crap, perhaps it'll return something useful anyways.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I just wanna say, for those of you who can figure this out without a video for now; this 'tactic' has been getting me some kills. It's proving very useful.

bigrum

Smash Apprentice
interesting... I was actaully wondering if that could work a few day ago, I shall try this next time I play...

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
In fact I've gotten up to 5 consistent Shuttleloops now. It's pretty amazing. Best of luck with it, Bigrum.

ollenberger121

Smash Apprentice
......it seems like it would be usful in a free for all but as for a one on one ....its seems only good for mind games...

Top Bottom