• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shutter Step?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i know the thread name is not shutter step so you were mis lead by that but the thread called ike's forward smash by comboking is about shutter stepping. We have a short brief explanation why shutter stepping is unnecessary to Ike.

Betaz

Smash Ace
The Stutter step I belive was first found with Sonic... it's a way to increase the range distance of your f-smash (I think, unless I'm thinking of something different...)
anyways...to me I think it is pretty useless to Ike considering his smash is so slow, even if you predict their movements they can still probably get their sheild out in time...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
true, and truth be told i have broken shields before cause fsmash ---> to massive pressure to break their shield, but not blindly. truey great when you land a fully charged forward smash on someone. I never had so much more fun with ike.

Mr.Trite

Smash Apprentice
Use captain falcon and go to FD and roll to the edge.
Use fsmash and look where his feet are.
Now roll back to the edge, this time tap forward to run, tap back IMMEDIATELY to run the other way, then smash the C stick in the original run direction to do a Fsmash.

Look at his feet now. Should have gone much further if you had done it correctly. That is a stutter step smash :o

Hes not the only one who could do it but some characters get more range from it than others.

Top Bottom