• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shunning Samus?

CbGreiga

Smash Apprentice
WARNING!! NO ENTRY WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION!
I've noticed in both SSB64 and Melee that Samus sounds so much more like a robot than a human( or close to it :dizzy:). Back when 64 came out few of that generation knew who or what Samus was and the robotic sounds did not help matters. But why did nintendo continue this even though Metroid Prime and Fusion showed hed true colors?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I've noticed in both SSB64 and Melee that Samus sounds so much more like a robot than a human( or close to it :dizzy:). Back when 64 came out few of that generation knew who or what Samus was and the robotic sounds did not help matters. But why did nintendo continue this even though Metroid Prime and Fusion showed hed true colors?
ill mail you a 200-300 pound metal suit, then you put it on, record yoruself moving around (providing you even can xD) then all will become clear :)

RickettsZ22

Smash Cadet
its a big *** ROBOTIC suit she is part robotic, and now they have distinguished by putting zero suit in brawl

Moneyman228

Smash Cadet
Anybody who played Super Metroid(a very famous and excellent quality game which you should go download from Wii Shop) and died would see samus is a girl. Everytime you die her suit breaks apart, revealing a bikini wearing heroine. Do you think they could have that in smash bros. 64 or melee? In melee + ssb64 they both had biographies on samus that plainly stated she was a girl. And as for the robotic sounds...do you really think it would make much sense to see a big robotic suit screaming like a girl when she was star KO'ed? In the old metroid games the only sounds she made were robot noises like jumping or firing. With brawl out they are obviously showing Samus is a hot girl by introducing Zero Suit Samus(samus without her suit on...but wearing the clothes from Metriod Zero Mission and not the bikini she usually wears.).

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Anybody who played Super Metroid(a very famous and excellent quality game which you should go download from Wii Shop) and died would see samus is a girl. Everytime you die her suit breaks apart, revealing a bikini wearing heroine. Do you think they could have that in smash bros. 64 or melee? In melee + ssb64 they both had biographies on samus that plainly stated she was a girl. And as for the robotic sounds...do you really think it would make much sense to see a big robotic suit screaming like a girl when she was star KO'ed? In the old metroid games the only sounds she made were robot noises like jumping or firing. With brawl out they are obviously showing Samus is a hot girl by introducing Zero Suit Samus(samus without her suit on...but wearing the clothes from Metriod Zero Mission and not the bikini she usually wears.).
Actually, I'm pretty sure she made almost a zooming sound when star KO'd...
Similar to her jumping sound in SSBM except extended a bit longer.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
I've always thought that you can see her face through her visor when you get to the Congratulations! screen at the end of 1P.

I just player one and you can't really tell it's a girl though, the only distinguishable thing is long blonde hair.

Top Bottom