• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk's weaknesses and strengths in terms of matchups?

UltimateShulk

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1732 1109 1619
I'm a Shulk main that's working on getting his moveset down pat, but I'm wondering if he has any strengths or weaknesses against certain characters.

I've fought with a friend who mained Pikachu, and I've only been lucky once or twice and won, but other times they won.

I can only assume Pikachu is faster and his electricity attacks can pose a threat, but I could be wrong.

But yeah, does Shulk have any strengths or weaknesses when fighting characters like Ganondorf, Pikachu, and others?

Last edited:

Batzanova McMackin

Smash Rookie
This is how to win with Shulk: Match starts, activate Speed Monado. Spam SH Fairs and Nairs while pressuring opponent toward to ledge. Once opponent is off stage, Set up for ledge trap with F Smash. Once F Smash connects, activate Smash Monado. Run off Fair for the OHK edge guard. Return to stage. Wash, rinse, repeat. If Smash runs out, and you somehow haven't gotten a kill off an edge guard with Fair (impossible as it may seem), activate Buster and proceed to harrass them with more Fairs and an occasional D Tilt if they get too close. If you read a big shot incoming, use Shulks broken ass counter to put them off you. Once Speed cools down, spam Fair/Nair as before. In the event you reach Rage or are close to death, Active Shield, and continue spamming aerials, throw out F Smash where appropriate (I. E. they are anywhere within half the North American Continent's distance in front of you, and are not Min Min). Shulk's WinCon is pretty simple: Edgeguard Fair with Smash Mondo active. The rest is all just to throw them off and make it look prettier if you're trying to end up on Yeeeeet Smash one day.

UltimateShulk

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1732 1109 1619
This is how to win with Shulk: Match starts, activate Speed Monado. Spam SH Fairs and Nairs while pressuring opponent toward to ledge. Once opponent is off stage, Set up for ledge trap with F Smash. Once F Smash connects, activate Smash Monado. Run off Fair for the OHK edge guard. Return to stage. Wash, rinse, repeat. If Smash runs out, and you somehow haven't gotten a kill off an edge guard with Fair (impossible as it may seem), activate Buster and proceed to harrass them with more Fairs and an occasional D Tilt if they get too close. If you read a big shot incoming, use Shulks broken ass counter to put them off you. Once Speed cools down, spam Fair/Nair as before. In the event you reach Rage or are close to death, Active Shield, and continue spamming aerials, throw out F Smash where appropriate (I. E. they are anywhere within half the North American Continent's distance in front of you, and are not Min Min). Shulk's WinCon is pretty simple: Edgeguard Fair with Smash Mondo active. The rest is all just to throw them off and make it look prettier if you're trying to end up on Yeeeeet Smash one day.
Wow! Thanks a bunch! I'll try my best!

Top Bottom