• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk's Back Slash is B-reversible

CaP_Omega

Smash Apprentice
I really believe Shulk mains may have already figured this out before me, but I figured that I should put it out there since there doesn't seem to be any coverage on it. I mean, it'll help people learn Shulk. And Shulk is awesome - gotta post it.

Despite this move being an F-special, it probably has the easiest reverse to execute in the whole game. The reversing threshold lies between the moment the move is activated and right before Shulk draws the Monado. Inputting the reverse immediately after activating the move makes little to no difference, but inputting the reverse just before the draw will shorten the distance of Shulk's jump quite significantly in comparison. There doesn't seem to be any changes beside the shortened jump distance - no visible changes in attributes or hitboxes. It doesn't do much in ordinary situations, but it's good if you need to cut off an extra inch in order to not pass the target.

It should be said that I tested this move on Smash 3DS, and I do not have Smash WiiU, so I can't say totally for sure if Back Slash is reversible in both versions of the game. But is this news? Is anyone feeling this? Any input is welcome. Just no smack talk.

- Thank you

Last edited:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yeah it works on the WiiU. I'd say this is decent news & is a reminder to those who knew of it but forgot about it. Because BS can be B-Reversed, pivoting this while dashing away or toward can step up your footsies & really mix it up.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
It can actually be B-reversed twice (B 360!) if you are fast enough. If you slow the game down you can actually do it 3 times but nobody plays the game slow anyways.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
It can actually be B-reversed twice (B 360!) if you are fast enough. If you slow the game down you can actually do it 3 times but nobody plays the game slow anyways.
I remember this mentioned by you earlier in another thread. I haven't touched up on this but would this be WaveBouncing Back Slash, or is it just a quirk that isn't apart of WaveBouncing?

I'll be sure to have 2 controllers for back-up so in case my control stick breaks from doing 480° Back Slashes
:denzel:

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Hmm. Oh, maybe idk. You should probably check for yourself. Wouldn't the momentum be controlled since back slash has that set path it takes?

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I figured out this move was b-reversible when I accidently reversed it and ended up back slashing off the stage -_-

Top Bottom