• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk Problems

CyberTaco

Smash Rookie
I am going to a sm4sh tournament next Sunday and I am going to main shulk.

I do pretty well against most match-ups but I am having problems with projectile based characters.

More specifically samus, duckhunt, and rosalina.

My problem seems to be from not being able to get an opening.

Anybody found a good way to combat this kind of play?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Speed does well with your predicament, & Speed's only drawback to using the Art is decreased % damage you deal. Nair what I've been told outprioritizes DuckHunt's projectiles, & Rosaluma is easily affected by Speed.

Speed is your best bet

Use your n-air against projectiles for Samus and DHD. Buster is fine against Samus imo

As for Rosalina, space your attacks against her luma or vision counter anything it does. Most likely, vision countering will knock it off stage.Still, Rosalina's tough. Don't vision counter her while your in air and when she does her u-tilt because it's counted as two hits because of her and Luma.

Top Bottom