• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk palette war! Crew Battle event including prizes

Do you think we should do try-outs including team captains, or keep it as first-come-first-serve?

• No, I don't want to do try-outs

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Yes, I want to do try-outs with Team Captains selected

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Maybe. . .

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Short Intro
erico9001 erico9001 made an edit to his Discord thread in preparation for this event, but I felt that this new thread could get more publicity in order to speed up the event's progress. So this crew battle will consist of eight palette teams with 5 players each representing their respective palette. We plan to have this take place near the holidays to allow a more flexible time schedule for everyone (hopefully).

Requirements
We'd like you to join the Shulk Discord group so that it's easy for all of us to communicate & be there for the event. So go here to read the rules & reply in the thread that you've read the rules so that Eric or I can provide you the Discord link.

Current status:

EDIT: We've decided upon removing a schedule-based plan & instead plan out queued matches in either a RR or DE format. More is TBA. As it stands, we need:
  • 0 - 2 more Sharlas in case Jerm and or Artryuu don't attend
  • 0 - 1 more Riki in case Alvis may not fill in
  • 2 more BeachBoys
If you want to participate in the WiiU and or 3DS crew battle, drop a post below that you want to fill in one of those spots. However, it is very likely that there will not be a 3DS crew battle due to the massive shortage of players. I prefer that we find Sharlas, Riki, & BeachBoys in the mean time. And if you don't want to participate in the crew battle but still want to be listed under your specified palette, that's fine too.

Prizes (Pending)
Some examples to come:

Conclusive end notes
If you're a dedicated Riki palette or BeachBoys palette, I urge you to come out & show us your Monado's power. It's time to step it up Rikis & BeachBoys. Anytime you heard anyone call-out the BeachBoys being bad, prove 'em wrong! Come out & have a good time. So with that, we hope to see you guys. And again, if you don't want to participate but still want to be on the list, let us know in your post below.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Apologies for summoning all of you, but I feel that doing so will speed this up real quick. Calling all players from Shulk Player Finder. Apologies in advance if I missed you.
@x-Ace-x @Jae @Andyjoe522 @Jellyfishn @MooseSmuggler AlvisCPU AlvisCPU @Enyalb @Goesasu @KP Son-in-Law @DraginHikari @Scourge The Hedgehog Byxis Byxis @Mr.Seven @eWaltz @.Lavani @KassandraNova @Chappy @S.F.L.R_9 @TaichiYaegashi @Burgundy Blade @Banjodorf @NT 3000 @Monado Boy @Plain Yogurt @Raccoonman_900 @DuoMaxwell @Kerreb17 @Mech0nis @g00dapollo @Bittersweet @Attila the Hun @MeatOfJustice @wewewezing @ChronoPenguin @Sareth89 @adom4 @sakuraZaKi @GMSTerror @Robertman2 @tenshinoakuma @link2702 @Shulkmania @TidalAce @Windmaster012 @Daryl @Shabadoobie @imnotdannyboy @FiscalFortunato @Blue Mage @MHFsilver @Zerandom077 @OptimistNic @Sui @Calamity Crunch @Yuchi @JesseMcCloud @Sol0ke @Dakpo @Opana @Nammy12 @Hokori @S-roy @N7Kopper @Meyguhmein @Phoenix502 @Ultrashroomz @Kirby Phelps (PK) @Tino @XenoBrawler610 @Ryuji @Kraryo @Nstinct @DavemanCozy @kenniky @Pacman9 @TheSilentAmp @PokemonyeWest @Sojuman @Zatchiel @Fernosaur @spiderfreak1011 @rawkhawk64 @NinJaSQUARE @Kauntra @cron0 @Mc.Rad @KeybladePony @Avvin @Pika Kong @ArccJPO @Miniyum @EthJ @Shulkamania @RegularFriend @Myed @The_Goofyborn @RedScizor @Joe Blackman @Chickenmcdonky @Snerp @Marthmario @Sonny Franceschi @Maple42 @foolssigma @H.O.U.S.E. @Amp_MTNX @KittyKyat @Zacko @swordsman09 @CannonGanon @Ultinarok @x Snoopy @ampatron @Michael4thewin @AerialSnack @Asian_Charizard @orochiwolf @Syl @Fumevapor @MonadoMaster64 @CWBY @RetroGamersGuru @EODM07 @StaffofSmashing Heropon Riki Heropon Riki @SPC_Oli @DarkDefeater @Lucio08smash @Shadoxx8 @Xenoking WindHero WindHero @AudioSilver @AshKetchup @Grex @Fullgore @thunderzap7 @dhblademaster @The_Art_of_Smash DarkenedHalo115 DarkenedHalo115 @gridatttack @Sahone @Hockeyfan44 @Taitsu @KyroChao @MarvelFromSmash akuneko akuneko @xleo_samusx @JRex95

I'd appreciate it to the max if you the viewer reading this post right now kept on reading. I have a few things to say that'll help you figure out whether you want to keep reading with interest, or lose it & leave the thread. The image you see above is a google document page that's keeping track of the players participating in the Alt Wars Crew Battle.

Step 1: If you do not play Shulk or don't care about this, then I apologize for tagging. You may leave. If you do care, then read on.

Step 2: If you play Shulk but aren't comfortable with participating in the Crew Battle for WiiU or 3DS, then you can post in reply to ask for a listing under the alt you use.

Step 3: If you play Shulk & like using the alt that's available for WiiU or 3DS Crews, then post in reply to ask for a listing under that alt you use.

Step 4: Monado. . .Profit!

Thank you guys so much in advance for being apart of this if you do. We REALLY need Riki & BeachBoys alt users to step up. And please, if you play Smash 3DS & you play Shulk then there's tons of room! There's even 10,001 places on the document page, so it doesn't hurt to want a listing if you're not participating.:)

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I'd love to sign up under the Dunban section of the 3DS crews, but there's just one concern:
time commitment.
What kind of timeframe is being looked at? How available does one need to be in order to participate? College keeps me pretty busy, and virtually non-existent on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If it's fairly flexible, I could probably do it, but otherwise...

Plus, I need more experience in Shulk dittos, and playing against some of you guys would surely show me more of the true Monado's power. (A Vision!?)

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
I'd love to sign up under the Dunban section of the 3DS crews, but there's just one concern:
time commitment.
What kind of timeframe is being looked at? How available does one need to be in order to participate? College keeps me pretty busy, and virtually non-existent on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If it's fairly flexible, I could probably do it, but otherwise...

Plus, I need more experience in Shulk dittos, and playing against some of you guys would surely show me more of the true Monado's power. (A Vision!?)
Hey, so I'm one of the people trying to pull this together, and the goal right now will be to schedule the crew battles based on each crew's availability. If you can see, we have a sort of 'loose' scheduling tool planned for the crews in separate tabs, where we hope to have each member indicate their availability where at all possible. Then, we can schedule a day and time for each crew battle based on that. At the moment, the scheduling is just for the month of November, but if December is necessary then it will be added as well. I hope you do consider participating!

TrueSapphire

Smash Apprentice
So an idea just occurred to me. I think anyone with an Anther Ladder's account can promote this by using the blog post feature (or PM Shulk players).

And if anyone is wondering why I am not in the 3DS crew, it's because I might be busy after October. I might reconsider in the future.

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
Well, I turned in my Monado months ago and picked up a Gyro instead, but I guess you could say I just use the normal Shulk color. My Shulk however is garbage and shouldn't be crew battles.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Depending on the schedule of this event, I'd tentatively be down to represent the Wii U "BeachBoys" alt. I'm a swimmer myself, so I feel it would be pretty fitting :p

I would like to get some more info about the event though. I'm assuming that's available on the discord server?

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Depending on the schedule of this event, I'd tentatively be down to represent the Wii U "BeachBoys" alt. I'm a swimmer myself, so I feel it would be pretty fitting :p

I would like to get some more info about the event though. I'm assuming that's available on the discord server?
YES A BEACHBOY! And yeah more info awaits on the discord server. We're just waiting for more Riki's & BBoys to participate before we really get this going.

SparkNomad

Smash Rookie
NNID
SparkNomad
3DS FC
3110-6596-0585
i just realized i play riki shulk. I'll be down, but it all depends on the time of this crew battle

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Hmmmm... tempting. My issues are the timing and the physical distance between me and (I assume) everyone else.

Since I'm in Australia, I lag pretty badly with anyone overseas. (Hell, I lag badly with people nearby - damn lack of landline broadband... grumble grumble politicians grumble NBN when...) So to counteract that, I'd need to play sometime 11PM - 7AM local time if I want anything to play somewhat cleanly. Working that around a full-time job is difficult, so I'd prefer Friday-Sunday (but it's not exactly a requirement).

I've also played Smash about once in three months due to work commitments, lol...

Because of lag, time zones and being really rusty when it comes to Smash right now, I think participating would make my opponent frustrated, me tired and my team disappointed. That said, I don't think I'd mind being a back-up for Riki if you're struggling to find the numbers. I usually go Reyn/Dunban/Riki so I'll play for Heropon if numbers are low, and I've been wanting to take part in a Crew Battle for a while now. Work life just hasn't allowed it until recently.

I'm not sure whether it's worth putting my name down as a "maybe" so I've written my name with "(backup)" at the bottom of the list. If you're after commitment, let me know closer to the date and I'll evaluate based on how badly work is destroying my free time.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Heropon Riki Heropon Riki SparkNomad SparkNomad
We have you two down for the Riki team. I recommend going to the Discord group & making a post there to get the Discord link.

DarkenedHalo115 DarkenedHalo115
I will gladly put you down for the Riki team. And I recommend going to the Discord thread & making a post there to get the invite link.
---
After this, Riki will be 75% completed, and basically 100% if Alvis fills in. Beach needs 1 more player too!

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Everyone who has joined, please make sure to also join the Discord group! We will be organizing and scheduling things more thoroughly there.

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
I want to join, I play Sharla Shulk !
Perfect! At the moment, Artryuu was more of a sub-in because she wasn't really wanting to participate. I'm sure team Sharla would be happy to have you! Please add your name to the google doc and fill in your availability for the month, ASAP! We're hoping to get things running soon.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
(My net connection died and double-posted, ignore this one...)

Last edited:

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I have no idea what Discord is but if I don't forget, I'll sort myself out tonight in case another Riki player doesn't appear :)

ToastCunfirmed

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToastFTW
3DS FC
3282-4434-9890
I want to join. I play Dunban Shulk(Mostly Fiora but Dunban too).

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
I haven't got around to getting on to Discord yet, had a lot of things that need doing. If another Riki player doesn't show, tag me in a post here or something and I'll sort everything out then. Otherwise, have fun :)

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
AlvisCPU AlvisCPU just saying I would love to see you join
Oh, you!
Have we already started? I just noticed the Doc has tabs for availabilities. For November, lol. I don't think I'll have time to play this month, but I can probably put some stuff down for December. (I can get my **** together earlier if I'm pushing time out too much.) I'll have to get on to Discord as well because I have no idea how this tournament is running. I assume some kind of Round Robin thing...? Or Swiss?

Sorry if I'm making this more of a logistical nightmare than it probably already is.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
I guess I'll throw my gear in the ring for 3DS Dunban palette. Alternatively, I can use the default palette, but my first choice lies with the former Monado weilder.

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Hey guys, is this still happening out of curiosity? (Or, has it already happened?) If we're looking for extra players I can call to some Shulk players, I'm sure at least one will show interest. I have connections. Or... something.

Last edited:

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Hey guys, is this still happening out of curiosity? (Or, has it already happened?) If we're looking for extra players I can call to some Shulk players, I'm sure at least one will show interest. I have connections. Or... something.
Yes! We'd love 2 more Melia players, specifically. It hasn't happened yet due to end of year/term matters (plus Holidays), but things will be going underway ASAP. Let me know if you find someone interested!

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Yes! We'd love 2 more Melia players, specifically. It hasn't happened yet due to end of year/term matters (plus Holidays), but things will be going underway ASAP. Let me know if you find someone interested!
Not a problem. I'll put out the call and see if anyone bites.

Looking at the doc, what happened to the Beach Boys? I'm sure there were enough people there.

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Not a problem. I'll put out the call and see if anyone bites.

Looking at the doc, what happened to the Beach Boys? I'm sure there were enough people there.
We needed 2 or 3 more in that category as well as 1 in a couple other alts, and after several weeks we decided rather than trying to fill in the total number of crews needed we'd instead distribute the lonely BeachBoys to fill up the remaining spaces. Alas, we now have had a few more drop-outs that we need to have filled.

Thanks for helping!

Top Bottom