• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shulk Matchups Help

Zezortos

Smash Rookie
My best friend's main is a Shulk, and he is amazing with him. All my mains seem to suck against him, so what are some characters who are good against Shulk? And what are some techniques that will make things difficult for Shulk?
Thanks!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Shulk relies on zoning you out with his Monado's range with aerials such as N-air, F-air, & B-air, & getting in some grabs while cycling Monado Arts to change up his game-play to help adapt to most MatchUps. My advice to you is to play Shulk first, get a feel of what all 5 of the Monado Arts do exactly, & go from there for starters. Mainly Shulk has trouble handling heavy projectile walls, & despite him having good range, he doesn't necessarily have fast-frame moves except for Jab & ofc grab; this means that when a character is in our zone, it's kinda hard for Shulk to handle any up-and-close aggression. He especially doesn't favor being combo'd either.

If you play someone like Sheik who can needle needle needle, then Shulk is forced to approach, usually putting on Speed mode is normal as an example. Sorry for not giving out specific characters other than Sheik but hope this helps.

Top Bottom