• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Shulk Jab Lock Tutorial

notyourparadigm

Smash Apprentice
NNID
notyourparadigm
3DS FC
4098-3767-3581
Huh, so Jump can jab lock, but Vanilla and Shield can't? I thought that a jab lock was determined by the knockback of a move, so I'm not following the logic there. At any rate, looks like its time to hit up the lab and weave some of these into the Shulk repertoire. Great vid again Jerm!

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Huh, so Jump can jab lock, but Vanilla and Shield can't? I thought that a jab lock was determined by the knockback of a move, so I'm not following the logic there. At any rate, looks like its time to hit up the lab and weave some of these into the Shulk repertoire. Great vid again Jerm!
Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Vanilla and Jump have the exact same stats in terms of attacking so why wouldn't Vanilla work?

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Huh, so Jump can jab lock, but Vanilla and Shield can't? I thought that a jab lock was determined by the knockback of a move, so I'm not following the logic there.
Shield can lock too, it's just that the art's lack of everything-speed would make Shield locking much less practical than say Jump or Speed thanks to their speeds.

Last edited:

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
It can, it's just that Vanilla and Shield are not fast enough to convert an initiator attack into a lock.

Top Bottom