• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shuffle & Cut Brawl Weeklies Brawl (Saturday) and Melee (Sunday) 10/25 cancelled*

Boolossus

Smash Ace
The funny thing is that in real life you guys will have no beef and act normal.
I really don't have a problem with P at all. Honestly. Not saying he's my #1 best friend for life or anything, but I really don't have anything against him. Other than the fact that he tends to act like a grumpy goose on the boards, he seems alright.

Huber

Smash Apprentice
We will still run one if people show.

-Huber

Edit: I updated the first post with rules changes. I'd like to try the rules put out by the SBR. Let me know if you see any issues with the rules.

-Huber

YoshiFreak

Smash Cadet
We will still run one if people show.

-Huber

Edit: I updated the first post with rules changes. I'd like to try the rules put out by the SBR. Let me know if you see any issues with the rules.

-Huber
I really hope a few people go. I can't go to Oxnard. :(

And I like the rules. IMO Lylat should be switched with Pokemon Stadium 1 but it doesn't really matter.

The Glory

Smash Apprentice
I might go but whats gonna be first? I might just enter doubles then leave or if singles is first then leave, cuz i gotta be somewhere like at 3. How many ppl are gonna go?

YoshiFreak

Smash Cadet
Good games guys! I can't believe I got 3rd. Jamez, Geeky, and Gamble, you all played great games and they were very fun. Hopefully, I can go next week.

Now upload the results! I want my medal!

Huber

Smash Apprentice
Good games guys! I can't believe I got 3rd. Jamez, Geeky, and Gamble, you all played great games and they were very fun. Hopefully, I can go next week.

Now upload the results! I want my medal!
Will do when I get home.

Thanks to all who came. I'm surprised that many people showed. We had 27 people.

1st Mr X.
2nd Gamble
3rd YoshiFreak

I'll post more results later.

Also give me some feedback on the rules/stages those of you who played.

-Huber

YoshiFreak

Smash Cadet
Will do when I get home.

Thanks to all who came. I'm surprised that many people showed. We had 27 people.

1st Mr X.
2nd Gamble
3rd YoshiFreak

I'll post more results later.

Also give me some feedback on the rules/stages those of you who played.

-Huber
I liked the stages except for Pokemon Stadium 1 as a starter. Sure I can strike it but I believe that it would be much better to have Lylat as a starter rather than PS. But it should definitely be a counter-pick.

Stage-striking was also a surprising addition but I liked it much better than just random neutrals.

oiMrXio

Smash Cadet
I really liked the stage striking rule as well, and I agree with Yoshi that Lylat is a much better choice for a neutral than pokemon stadium 1.

Good games to everyone, I'm glad we went and we all had a great time.

These tourneys keep getting better every week, it's really nice to have a staple local brawl tournament that many people can make it to.

Huber

Smash Apprentice
Alright I'm going to see about switching Pokemon Stadium off of Neutrals

-Huber

edit: I just uploaded the results on AiB. Guess we have to wait for verification to show up. Here are the full results:

1: Mr. X
2: Gamble
3: YoshiFreak
4: James
5: RUZ
5: 3inch
7: Rookie
7: Simply Cold
9: Twitch
9: 3des
9: Ed
9: Neutral
13: VadoRojo
13: Pure
13: NegroMatt
13: Powa
17: Aries
17: Geeky
17: Mama
17: Mr. Dink
17: Hero
17: Xregion
17: Sigma
17: Tehnoobed
25: Blue
25: Upgrade
25: AKA

Doubles:

1: Captain Olimar
2: Fox in the Box
3: Neutral Sigma
4: Reagan Smash
5: The owners
5: AW

Huber

Smash Apprentice
Mr.X should be ranked by now ><

Huber you should upload the results from June 21st - This last tournament :p
I'll see if it's still saved. As those who were here on Saturday know I've stopped using that computer because other employees have screwed up and I've lost the tio files. I'm going to bring my laptop from now on and run it on there so I know it's okay.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
tofu said he'd start coming to them after oxnard

well now's a good chance to prove your word

if tofu goes i'll go

replicate

Smash Lord
I will go if Kira goes

jk I'll come to these

since they're kind of small tournaments we could probably do a b!tchin smashfest/S&C combo the night before

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
i'm probably going to race's tourney on sat and not going to this on sunday

i'm kinda smashed out for once... i'm starting to think my reactions are just really slow because everyone else has consistent tech skill compared to me and i have to focus and try my hardest all the time if i want to keep up and even then i mess up ALL the time which gets really frustrating after awhile. I mean even after smashing non-stop for 2 days i took a 5 minute nap and played terribly against steven in tournament (he knows it too, don't want this to sound like a john). It's gotten to the point where I feel like I've hit my ceiling cause I know this game pretty well I just can't apply that knowledge, seriously i'm messing up basics like short hopping it's ridiculous. I make a lot of predictable mistakes still but it's like I have to warm-up for 30 mins straight before any match simply to do basic stuff consistently

/end rant

It's fun to be around smashers though

and it's fun to **** mike haze =P

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'm probably going to race's tourney on sat and not going to this on sunday

i'm kinda smashed out for once... i'm starting to think my reactions are just really slow because everyone else has consistent tech skill compared to me and i have to focus and try my hardest all the time if i want to keep up and even then i mess up ALL the time which gets really frustrating after awhile. I mean even after smashing non-stop for 2 days i took a 5 minute nap and played terribly against steven in tournament (he knows it too, don't want this to sound like a john). It's gotten to the point where I feel like I've hit my ceiling cause I know this game pretty well I just can't apply that knowledge, seriously i'm messing up basics like short hopping it's ridiculous. I make a lot of predictable mistakes still but it's like I have to warm-up for 30 mins straight before any match simply to do basic stuff consistently

/end rant

It's fun to be around smashers though

and it's fun to **** mike haze =P
sounds like you're trying too hard. i got consistent tech skill once i took a long break.

Top Bottom