• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Show us your mo-... EASTER EGGS!

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Falcon: Up-taunt on hit with sweetspot knee and he'll say HYEZ!

Wario: Up-taunt on hit with dair and he'll fart on you. Oh, and I find it hilarious that Wario can taunt cancel all three of his taunts (Wario, you *******!)

Ness: Tap up-taunt for a secret taunt.

Squirtle: Press Up-taunt, then B as soon as Squirtle lands on the ground from his backflip for Squirtle Squad Glasses!

Zelda has hitboxes on up-taunt and side-taunt. (Zhime famously combos with side-taunt, it's sick)

Luigi has a spike (meteor?) on down-taunt.

PMBR has a nice little message in the strm folder on the SD card.

Bowser has hitboxes on side-taunt (??? it's the one where he bites the air)

Pressing Up Taunt while hitting with ZSS' Down Smash makes her say "Be Still." [credit: Vashimus]

Holding up Taunt during Peach's side-B makes the Brawl heart graphic instead of the explosion. [credit: Vashimus]

Diddy's up taunt can go indefinitely. And once it's gone a bit you can cancel with (to my knowledge) anything. [credit: LockableFaceman]

Xenozoa425: http://i.imgur.com/Sm6QD.png
Xenozoa425: http://i.imgur.com/BWG4I.png

*** RAGEQUIT ACCELERATOR THANK YOU BASED IE6 ***

Vashimus

Smash Master
Pressing Up Taunt while hitting with ZSS' Down Smash makes her say "Be Still."

Holding Up Taunt during Peach's side-B makes the Brawl heart graphic instead of the explosion.

And no, Comeback Kid, it's Up Taunt. They moved it.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Diddy's up taunt can go indefinitely. And once it's gone a bit you can cancel with (to my knowledge) anything.

:phone:

Arcalyth

GLS | root
How does one taunt cancel?
Edge-canceled taunt. Run up to an edge, press taunt just before you hit the edge. Your momentum and the taunt animation will be stopped by the edge but the taunt sound will still play. Not all taunts will play the audio, only the ones that have the sound play almost immediately. Stuff like Falcon's "Show me your moves!" and Sonic's "You're too slow!"

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Maybe they both work now because I literally played Demo 2.5 today with the down taunt button mapped to a jump button to do the knee taunt.

That is where the audio is from.
Last time I checked (in 2.1), all of the taunt-during-moves sound effects worked with ANY taunt button.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
OH Hell yeah taunt canceling via N64?!?!!? I know that wasn't in Brawl, was it in Melee? If not, thanks PMBR for bringing back the ability to style hard on your opponents 64 style.

Revven

FrankerZ
Taunt canceling was not in Melee, we brought it back from N64 because we realized how cool it was and awesome it is. :)

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Not really an Easter egg but a still a cool unannounced change. Lucas' d-smash only has one hexagon blip now.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Not really an Easter egg but a still a cool unannounced change. Lucas' d-smash only has one hexagon blip now.
Actually, it works like Link and Pit's Fsmash and Ike's Dsmash. The second hit is optional.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Yes. Those have been mentioned both here and at the old forum. A mod has said they're Easter eggs.
Why does everyone keep stealing my thunder?! I discovered those first. Or at least mentioned them.

:phone:

TheDevicer

Smash Cadet
Lol. It's actually a pretty nice buff. The old one was pretty useless since you could easily SDI out of the last hits and it left you really open with significant start-up too. Lucas could land a d-smash, have Marth SDI away, and still get hit by a fAir or f-smash...

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Well, if you look at this Wiki I made, character pages have "fun facts" sections below their descriptions. It covers a lot of the easter eggs.

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/smash-bros-project-m
I laughed out loud at ragequit accelerator.

I know it's not a top priority but the 2.5 sections could use some editing as the copied news posts don't fit the style of the earlier entries.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Good eye. I am currently editing it very slowly, but if any of you wishes to go ahead and do it, I don't object to it either. It's technically a public Wiki. I just keep an eye on it to make sure nobody writes false info in it. I plan to eventually add frame data and whatnot when the game's done.

And yeah, ragequit accelerator was a must, lol.

blerb

Smash Journeyman
I was peeking through the files today and I found that Giga Bowser actually has matching colours with regular Bowser now. Pretty neat, and I'm surprised the PMBR added it. (or was that in vBrawl? I thought it was always the default green costume...)

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
If kirby doubletaps the down taunt button, he will say "hiiiii" in melee pitch, but with brawl voice.

Top Bottom