• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should there be a new mode with only smash ball but it's still for glory?

Astra_

Smash Cadet
In my personal opinion 1v1 for glory is really fun, but I think it would be more fun to have just smash ball.

I would like to know your thoughts and opinions on this below

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Sugar, it ain't For Glory if even one item is on. As far as I can tell, smashing without items at all seems to be the norm in the Super Smash Bros. series. Ask any serious smasher here and they will attest this is not Mario Party.

Last edited:

Astra_

Smash Cadet
L Lola Luftnagle I know that For Glory has no items but tbh how often does the smash ball spawn

Also this is just the mode I play with my friends when fighting them

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Y'all enable only smash balls, they appear every three minutes tops (more frequent in Brawl appearing every 45 - 60 seconds)

Astra_

Smash Cadet
I never played Brawl online because I was much more uneducated about Video Games and online play.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
For Glory is their version of "Competitive" Smash and in competitive Smash there are no items, not even the Smashball.

The Smashball would defeat the whole purpose of that, although they're already kinda defeating it by only allowing Omega stages. I think the only way I'd accept the Smashball in For Glory is if it only stayed in the Free-for-All Mode where there's four players instead of just two. On 1V1 we only have two stocks and a Smashball (depending on the character) can make things really lopsided quickly especially considering there's only Omega Stages. In Free-for-All though it's based on time instead of stocks.

Otherwise, I really can't see a Smashball existing in For Glory and would rather not have it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom