• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should The wind waker HD get a new stage, or should Pirste ship just be remade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know what they could do if they made a new stage, Maybe they could make a pirate ship 2.0 were the Pirate ship sinks and goes to old hyrule, preferably where you fight the last boss.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't want Pirate Ship again. I personally hated that map - not competitive wise or anything, I just felt that Wind Waker could have gotten a better representative map.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
I think Toon Link returning is representation enough of Wind Waker HD.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
if the pirate ship returns (if it does i bet it'd be a "classic stage" and not a remake -- though i doubt it was popular enough to warrant classic stage status), it'll be cool to play the stage without swimming messing up the off-stage game.

if not, we at least have the spirit tracks stage repping toon link which looks pretty fun and has great music. i don't really think we need another wind waker stage... and i can't actually think of any very good candidates. windfall is not very unique sounding from skyloft, dragon roost is too vertical or too boring... we already have Tortimer's Island on the 3DS giving us a beach battlefront. forsaken fortress? i dunno...

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think we will probably see a new stage for Wind Waker HD. Wether it's a new Pirate Ship stage or a brand new map remains to be seen. I do kinda hope it will be either Outset Island, Dragon Roost Island, Ganon's Castle, The Forsaken Fortress or Windfall Island.

Or we could probably get the old Pirate Ship from Brawl back, but I kinda feel if Wind Waker HD get's a stage then we'd probably be more likely to get Bridge of Eldin back...

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
I think we will probably see a new stage for Wind Waker HD. Wether it's a new Pirate Ship stage or a brand new map remains to be seen. I do kinda hope it will be either Outset Island, Dragon Roost Island, Ganon's Castle, The Forsaken Fortress or Windfall Island.

Or we could probably get the old Pirate Ship from Brawl back, but I kinda feel if Wind Waker HD get's a stage then we'd probably be more likely to get Bridge of Eldin back...
OOOOOoooh i remember reading someone's ideas on ganon's tower.
could be beyond gorgeous with cascading water and a triforce..

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I'm hoping for a stage based on one of the islands, such as Outset, Dragoon Roost, or the Forsaken Fortress.

Gabukin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gabukin
I would be okay with Pirate ship returning since it was one of my favorite stages to play on when I was doing 4 player matches, but from what I've seen, The New Smash is REALLY lacking on competitively viable stages with no hazards. A Windwaker Based stage with no hazards would be amazing in my opinion.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Pirate Ship was amazing...so I hope it returns.

ElectricCitrus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ElectricCitrus
Final arena would be pretty tight, or like the bridge on Outset island (would play like Bridge of Eldin minus the explosion, also the bridge wouldn't collapse and there'd be no hazards).

Oh how about something based off the Wind temple with Molgera as a background element or stage hazard.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Pirate Ship was fun, but if swimming is out, I'd much rather just have Hyrule Castle from Smash 64 as far as Zelda stages go. It's kind of hard to have an interesting Wind Waker stage without swimming.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I thought Pirate Ship was a great stage and would love to see it return. There isn't anything quite as iconic as sailing the seas in Wind Waker so it's the perfect way to represent it.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
I kinda always wanted the Wind Waker stage to be the final stage you fight Ganondorf at, with the water pouring down and also in glorious HD. That would be my favorite stage. They don't even need to give it any platforms.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Dragon Roost Island or go home.

Also, the top of the Tower of the Gods with Gohdan as a stage boss would be sweet.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I didn't really like Pirate Ship in brawl. I don't know why, it just seemed..... boring.

If we get a new stage, which I'm pretty sure we will, I think it will either be Outset Island, Windfall Island, or Dragon Roost Island.

But I'd also love to see that small arena where you fight Ganondorf (the one with all the water pouring down). If you touch the sides with the flowing water, you will immediately get shot down (kind of like how if you touch the ground in the Spirit Train stage, you go flying off the edge.
The Forsaken Fortress could also be cool, and maybe it could even be a "home stage" for Ganondorf, assuming we don't get a normal Ganon's Tower

EDIT: I just realized the potential of a stage boss. As Tewn Link said above, we could have Gohdan in the Tower of the Gods. We could also have Gohma in Dragon Roost Island, the Helmeroc King in Outset Island or the Forsaken Fortress, or even Toon Ganondorf in that arena you fight him in.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Dragon Roost Island because the theme is beautiful. Also, the island is nice too.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I could see a stage based off the Forsaken Fortress with Helmaroc King as a stage hazard.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see the final fight arena with ganondorf and zelda as your ally in wind waker hd as a stage. That would be amazing with the water all around the stage falling. Is it confirmed if you can swim or not in this smash?

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Forsaken Fortress HD would make an awesome stage.

The night sky, the towers in the back ground, the search lights, Moblins, Helmrock.

Plus, Ganondorf needs a stage. Although, I guess Gerudo Valley is his home turf too.

Toon612Link

Smash Journeyman

I guess we are not getting pirate ship back... At least for the 3ds version.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please use the Stage Discussion Thread to discuss about a Toon Link-related stage! It's located near the top of the Wii U General Discussion page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom