• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should the pikmin them selves be nerfed?

D3RPY

Smash Rookie
So a few days ago when i was playing with a friend he brought up the question. "do you think the actual pikmin should be nerfed?" because we had already seen the 3.1.0 patch to olimar. i am not exactly sure if the pikmin need a nerf because they should be fine how they are currently.

FlyingSheep7846

Smash Rookie
yes. Even some of Olimar's smashes got nerfed and the up special in 3.1.0, the Pikmin still do a ton of damage and are great for camping and juggling.

D3RPY

Smash Rookie
yes. Even some of Olimar's smashes got nerfed and the up special in 3.1.0, the Pikmin still do a ton of damage and are great for camping and juggling.
If you were to take a guess. do you think the pikmin would get nerfed in the next patch?

Aquamentii

Smash Apprentice
I think the diversity of pikmin characteristics is what makes Olimar so dynamic and cool of a character, in both a casual and competitive setting.
So, when players were slamming their c-sticks on account of the broken frame data of his smash attacks, that put a big frown on Nintendo's faces. All the pikmin were being treated the same, in that sense.

Now that there is less incentive to spam smash attacks in the new patch, I think we shall see Olimar players adapting more to their own pikmin lineup. In fact, if this turns out to be the case, Nintendo could even further buff (or at least alter) pikmin differences. Monique and Sue are the heavy melee hitters: play them like you did prepatch, with (mostly) safe-on-shield smash attacks and killer aerials. Johnny has the range and strong grabs. Silvester is good for throwing with SideB because of his truly insane damage over time effect. Larry is the all-arounder. I could see these things being brought out even more severely in future patches. It would really kill the creative concept of the character to nerf them into homogeneity.

Top Bottom