• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should the Mystical Ninja characters be in brawl?

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
As you could see, by my avatar, i'm a Mystical Ninja fan. For those of you who don't know about the Mystical Ninja series it originated in the arcade back in the mid 80's. North America has only seen 4 games. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon being the most popular. Released in 1997 the game was an Action Adventure/RPG. The game was set in feudal Japan based on four ninjas.

Principle Characters

Goemon: "The hot blooded man of Edo." he is distinguished by his brushy blue hair and his weapon of choice are a variety of Japanese smoking pipes.

<--------CLICK HERE FOR PIC------- Ebisumaru: Goemon's bestfriend. A pudgy ninja with an equally unique personality. He uses fans and mallets as weapons.

Yae: Kunoichi. She works for a secret organization of Ninja peace keepers. She usually tags along with Goemon and Ebisumaru under the same objective. Her weapon of choice are the Katana and bazooka.

Sasuke: A robotic Ninja. He was created by Wiseman (similar to Dr Light). He has a switch that can make him from good to bad or vise-versa. Sasuke fights with a variety of weapons, including twin kunai, miniature explosives, and his spiked ponytail.

Now that we know who the characters are and there unique personalities, Does anyone else think they should join Brawl? I think Sasuke would do good in the game considering that he has a wide variety of abilities and weapons.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
I only played the n64 one. Loved it. I agree ssb needs more ninjas!
There were actually two that were released for the N64. The first being Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (The action adventure/RPG) and the second was Goemon's Great Adventure. The second one was different because the game was more like Super Mario World because of the stage selection and platforming. But my favorite was the first one. Which did u play?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There were actually two that were released for the N64. The first being Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon (The action adventure/RPG) and the second was Goemon's Great Adventure. The second one was different because the game was more like Super Mario World because of the stage selection and platforming. But my favorite was the first one. Which did u play?
Isn't this a third party character...

...Maybe if it wasn't...

BubbleShield

Smash Journeyman
It was definitely the first one. rented it more than once and beat it, a highlight of my child hood XD

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Goemon would actually work. (i was a huge fan of the first game for n64 too)
edit: i also recently played through this game... like 2 months ago...

he can use the chain pipe to tether grab, use coins for a charged neutral B, transform temporarily into the gold goemon with down B, and whip out his regular pipe for smash B. also, his final smash could be summoning the blue dragon kid or having yae, ebisu, or sasuke help him. sasuke would drop bombs, ebisu would drop food, and yae would slash peeps.

oh well, it would be cool, but it's not going to hapen :ohwell:

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
It was definitely the first one. rented it more than once and beat it, a highlight of my child hood XD
Yeeeeah! That game brings back memories. It's really hard to find now. I still have my N64 and I still play the second one. The first one was one of the best games EVER.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Goemon would actually work. (i was a huge fan of the first game for n64 too)
edit: i also recently played through this game... like 2 months ago...

he can use the chain pipe to tether grab, use coins for a charged neutral B, transform temporarily into the gold goemon with down B, and whip out his regular pipe for smash B. also, his final smash could be summoning the blue dragon kid or having yae, ebisu, or sasuke help him. sasuke would drop bombs, ebisu would drop food, and yae would slash peeps.

oh well, it would be cool, but it's not going to hapen :ohwell:
MALLOW!!! I like your avatar. But it's possible. He could make an appearance, I mean look at Snake. He's Konami and now he's in Brawl. I'm hoping for the best. But an even better final smash would be if he'd summon Impact (the giant fighting robot) and shoot his energy blast or throw alot of punches.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
MALLOW!!! I like your avatar. But it's possible. He could make an appearance, I mean look at Snake. He's Konami and now he's in Brawl. I'm hoping for the best. But an even better final smash would be if he'd summon Impact (the giant fighting robot) and shoot his energy blast or throw alot of punches.
haha i beat you to the impact idea. *looks above*
yeah impact for a final smash would be like fox and bowser's put together.
goemon for brawl. lolz.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
you know I can see this happening... that would be cool. I do like the idea. count me in.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
I used to like Ebismaru in the N64 game, I could never get the cats in that game, too bad we already have Snake.
They could have more than one franchise in the game. They already have Ness and Lucas, along with others. But I really hope they stumble across this thread. :laugh: Come on fans, We have to promote this series. SAY IT WITH ME! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!!!:laugh:

paralasalud

Smash Ace
you need to put pictures of the characters in your first post. once people see ebisu they're going to want to support mystical ninja. :laugh:

vesperview

Smash Hero
They could have more than one franchise in the game. They already have Ness and Lucas, along with others. But I really hope they stumble across this thread. :laugh: Come on fans, We have to promote this series. SAY IT WITH ME! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!!!:laugh:
Ness is not confirmed and Mystical Ninja is third party from a repped company, it doesn't look too good.

cccck

Smash Journeyman
MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! mystical ninja!!! mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!! mystical ninja!!! mysti... cal... ninja...

air.... need.. air...

*pass out*

now for the non-spamy part of this post:
but really that would be cool. I would like more 1 person reps, we need more people and they would be right at home in brawl, and they are not japan only. but I wonder, how well did their games sell?

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Ness is not confirmed and Mystical Ninja is third party from a repped company, it doesn't look too good.
Nintendo has already confirmed everyone from the first game on the N64. Solid Snake is from the same company as Mystical Ninja, So what's the difference?

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! MYSTICAL NINJA!!!!! mystical ninja!!! mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!!mystical ninja!!! mystical ninja!!! mysti... cal... ninja...

air.... need.. air...

*pass out*

now for the non-spamy part of this post:
but really that would be cool. I would like more 1 person reps, we need more people and they would be right at home in brawl, and they are not japan only. but I wonder, how well did their games sell?
You're CRAZY:laugh: But that's what I like to see! The Mystical Ninja games didn't sell all that well overseas but in Japan the series is a phenomenon. Though it sold really good here in the states, Europe wasn't impressed by the series. Mystical Ninja outsells Metal Gear. The franchise is Konami's best seller. From games to: toys, animated series, and cameos.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this brought back memories. Mystical Ninja was one of my favourite, yet some would argue obscure (Atleast here in Australia, barely anyone I know had even heard of it), games ever in the N64 Era. Heh, it'd be right up there with Mischief Makers for me in terms of odd N64 games *points to Marina sig. box* :p

Anyway, I could certainly see him working. However with Snake I don't know if they'd want to vary a bit between the third-party developers or not. Still fighting in Impact as a Final Smash would be too awesome for words. Therefore, I'll use an emoticon - :psycho:

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Wow, this brought back memories. Mystical Ninja was one of my favourite, yet some would argue obscure, games ever in the N64 Era. Heh, it'd be right up there with Mischief Makers for me in terms of odd N64 games *points to Marina sig. box* :p

Anyway, I could certainly see him working. However with Snake I don't know if they'd want to vary a bit between the third-party developers or not. Still fighting in Impact as a Final Smash would be too awesome for words. Therefore, I'll use an emoticon - :psycho:
:laugh: Sweet! Yea someone else said the samething. But I don't care, I just wanna see him and the others again. Mischief Makers would be another cool series to an appearance in Brawl.

cheezysnacks

Smash Cadet
anyone play this on SNES? i think that was the best game EVA!!! and i think they would make great assist trophies, but i want my playables reserved for some other prospects.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
anyone play this on SNES? i think that was the best game EVA!!! and i think they would make great assist trophies, but i want my playables reserved for some other prospects.
I never played the SNES games but Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is my favorite game for the N64.

DededeDaimyo

Smash Rookie
Goemon is something that I would REALLY love to happen to Brawl! Mystical Ninja/ Ganbare Goemon is my second favorite video game series of all time (next to Kirby) and now I realize that anyone from that universe would not only fit in perfectly with the cast of SSB, but also that their movesets would bring fun and veriety and could be taken exclusivly from their games. Goemon has the best chance of becoming a playable character out of the four, but Ebisumaru, Sasuke, and Yae would all work well as hidden characters or assist trophies. Though Konami already has Metal Gear Solid Snake in, I think that if they are in a close enough bond with Nintendo through that character inclusion, then Goemon might just end up being the next Konami character in Brawl (and would possibly make room for other third-party characters). I own a Nintendo 64 with both Mystical Ninja and Goemon's Great Adventure (both beaten) and I hope to get The Legend of the Mystical Ninja on the Virtual Consol when i get a Wii. I'm a big Goemon fan and supporter and, all I can say is that I'd be over-joyed if Goemon made it into Brawl! ...thankyou.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Goemon is something that I would REALLY love to happen to Brawl! Mystical Ninja/ Ganbare Goemon is my second favorite video game series of all time (next to Kirby) and now I realize that anyone from that universe would not only fit in perfectly with the cast of SSB, but also that their movesets would bring fun and veriety and could be taken exclusivly from their games. Goemon has the best chance of becoming a playable character out of the four, but Ebisumaru, Sasuke, and Yae would all work well as hidden characters or assist trophies. Though Konami already has Metal Gear Solid Snake in, I think that if they are in a close enough bond with Nintendo through that character inclusion, then Goemon might just end up being the next Konami character in Brawl (and would possibly make room for other third-party characters). I own a Nintendo 64 with both Mystical Ninja and Goemon's Great Adventure (both beaten) and I hope to get The Legend of the Mystical Ninja on the Virtual Consol when i get a Wii. I'm a big Goemon fan and supporter and, all I can say is that I'd be over-joyed if Goemon made it into Brawl! ...thankyou.
Not a problem. I love the series as much as you. I still have my N64 and own both Mystical Ninjas. I still haven't completed Goemon's Great Adventure. I beat the first Mystical Ninja when I was like 11 yrs old. I bought it again like 2 weeks ago just to reminisce. I especially love how the music level increases as you progress through the castles. I'm still on GGA. I'll beat it soon...Hopefully :~)

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Well, if Konami gets another rep, and it's not from Castlevania(which DOES have a longer history with Nintendo, mind), this guy wouldn't be too far from the top of the list. I view him kind of like Ryu from Street Fighter(who I want WAAAY more than Megaman). If Capcom gets a rep, it's obviously Megaman, but for a second choice it'd have to be Ryu.

But seriously, Goemon for Brawl!

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
Wow I was actually going to start this as my first thread but you beat me to it.
Goemon for brawl with sasuke as a assist trophy
for anyone who wants to know you can get the first mystical ninja game on snes from wii shop channel. Hopefully N64 will come out soon

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I hope they use an Impact for the Final Smash if they implement Goemon. I remember my brother playing that game when I was like 8 or so.

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Wow I was actually going to start this as my first thread but you beat me to it.
Goemon for brawl with sasuke as a assist trophy
for anyone who wants to know you can get the first mystical ninja game on snes from wii shop channel. Hopefully N64 will come out soon
No! Sasuke's my favorite! LOL. I think it would be better if at least two characters are in. The feisty and couragous Sasuke and of coarse Goemon. I LOVE MYSTICAL NINJA!!! :laugh: Sasuke would be good because he's small and very agile. He has various projectiles i.e. Firecracker Bombs, Kunais, and of coarse his spiked ponytail.

Metaknightvision

Smash Cadet
Recently been listening to Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon music, and happy i came across this thread. I dunno if i'd describe Goemon as my 'favourite' game on N64, but hell, it stood out bigtime - in weird, bizarre, but all positive ways! fantastic humour, and typical Japanese humour too. I think he'd be an excellent candidate for a third party character. My only doubt he'd get in is Konami already having a representative.

Thinking of this though. Sakurai obviously doesn't want the Smash bros. franchise over-run with third party characters, but seriously, can you imagine just 3 character blocks on the select screen huddled together for the third party characters? Or even worse, spaced out in a bizarre order? Perhaps if Sakurai changed his mind and wants to surprise us with 5 third party characters (it would give the Character select screan a nice look to it, all the nintendo franchised characters in 2/3 rows, then 5 at the bottom or top of third party characters, nice number), it'd work...

BUT this is a goemon thread! I think if Konami were allowed another candidate, it'd have to be this. Simon belmont could be argued to be better, but lets face it, Simon is a traitor and went to Sony :p

citigroup06

Smash Cadet
Recently been listening to Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon music, and happy i came across this thread. I dunno if i'd describe Goemon as my 'favourite' game on N64, but hell, it stood out bigtime - in weird, bizarre, but all positive ways! fantastic humour, and typical Japanese humour too. I think he'd be an excellent candidate for a third party character. My only doubt he'd get in is Konami already having a representative.

Thinking of this though. Sakurai obviously doesn't want the Smash bros. franchise over-run with third party characters, but seriously, can you imagine just 3 character blocks on the select screen huddled together for the third party characters? Or even worse, spaced out in a bizarre order? Perhaps if Sakurai changed his mind and wants to surprise us with 5 third party characters (it would give the Character select screan a nice look to it, all the nintendo franchised characters in 2/3 rows, then 5 at the bottom or top of third party characters, nice number), it'd work...

BUT this is a goemon thread! I think if Konami were allowed another candidate, it'd have to be this. Simon belmont could be argued to be better, but lets face it, Simon is a traitor and went to Sony :p
That was well put, my friend. I highly doubt that Goemon would have his part in Brawl. But it's always fun to dream about it. He'd be alot better than Mr G&W. LOL. Thanx 4 the Support! :chuckle:

Top Bottom