• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should teching during hitlag return?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
A big glitch that affected/ruined Melee's gameplay was thankfully removed in Brawl, and that was the aspect of "wallteching" during hitlag, causing instant techs when hit near a ledge.

Thankfully our good friend in Nipponland, Sakurai, saw the error of this gameplay aspect and went out of his way to deliberately remove this glitch from the game when making Brawl, a game that sold much more than Melee. We can attribute this success to the game being better made, and a big part of the gameplay difference is in the removal of this glitch.

We can thus conclude that the game 's sales are better specifically because this oddity that exists in Melee was removed. It wasn't even in Smash64, which also indicates that its inclusion in Melee was an accident and detrimental to both the game's design as well as its gameplay.

It's also clear that this glitch won't be returning in Super Smash Brothers 4U or 4D, but I'd like to see other people's (particular Melee trolls' that only talk mean things about Barrel) onions on this topic.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I blame Game Arts, just like I blame Game Arts for everything. Worldwide recession, no good TMNT video games, the Ultimate Spider-Man TV show, me getting the flu, convincing Taylor Swift she could sing, and the fact that in everything with a winner, there is always a loser.

But for reals, blame it on Game Arts' not knowing how to make fighting games and the Wii basically being a GameCube with dial-up internet, motion controls (which smash didn't use), and bare bones DLC.

But for real, any form of teching should stay in smash. Teching, wall teching, roof teching, heck, I want 3/8th's angle teching! :laugh:

Also, taunt cancelling needs to return. If you disagree with me on that, you need to go rethink your life, and stop being the evil that you are. ;)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I am quite surprised that there is this much adamant support for wanting the next game to be just like Melee. Some of you have to stop living in the past and realize your precious techskill spamming imbalanced tryhard-fest will never return.

Also thanks Dakota; I had a more disco song planned but it seemed more cheesy than actually good.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I am quite surprised that there is this much adamant support for wanting the next game to be just like Melee. Some of you have to stop living in the past and realize your precious techskill spamming imbalanced tryhard-fest will never return.

Also thanks Dakota; I had a more disco song planned but it seemed more cheesy than actually good.
As a serious response, I would like it to be where the tech skill is actually spread out to different aspects of the game, namely ones that don't refer to jumping (except for canceling) or landing.

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
A big glitch that affected/ruined Melee's gameplay was thankfully removed in Brawl, and that was the aspect of "wallteching" during hitlag, causing instant techs when hit near a ledge.

Thankfully our good friend in Nipponland, Sakurai, saw the error of this gameplay aspect and went out of his way to deliberately remove this glitch from the game when making Brawl, a game that sold much more than Melee. We can attribute this success to the game being better made, and a big part of the gameplay difference is in the removal of this glitch.

We can thus conclude that the game 's sales are better specifically because this oddity that exists in Melee was removed. It wasn't even in Smash64, which also indicates that its inclusion in Melee was an accident and detrimental to both the game's design as well as its gameplay.

It's also clear that this glitch won't be returning in Super Smash Brothers 4U or 4D, but I'd like to see other people's (particular Melee trolls' that only talk mean things about Barrel) onions on this topic.
What are you talking about and am I being trolled?

Top Bottom