• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Sheik and Zelda be Seperated?

D

Deleted member

yeah i already asked for that

dear pmdt

please make sheik and zelda separate characters

there are literally zero sheik players that WANT to play zelda

transformation is accidental and mind-bogglingly cripping approximately 100% of the time

you dont even have to give her another move, i am entirely serious when i say that i would rather have down b do literally nothing, since dropping a real input is still much less harmful than doing one where i lose a full stock, and sometimes more if they kill me when i transform, and i have to transform BACK on the next life and eat another 50% combo

no one would miss transform except zelda players but they are bitter and twisted creatures that are insatiable anyway so there is no meaningful loss here

thanks in advance

max

Boiko

:drshrug:
Considering how viable both characters are, and how one thrives in areas that the other struggles, I think separation would be cool.

D

Deleted member

no one would miss transform except zelda players but they are bitter and twisted creatures that are insatiable anyway so there is no meaningful loss here
Speaking as a bitter and twisted Zelda player who also likes to play Sheik on occasion, I can tell you that I have always been in support of separating the two.

So you can suck it :)

MLGF

Smash Lord
Just know, that no matter which choice the PMDT makes people will complain.

Missile

Smash Apprentice
I vote for separation on the basis of getting new, useful moves.

A new side & down-b, plz.

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
I've always thought it was kind of stupid/annoying that Zeldas/Sheiks could change their entire movesets and playstyles whenever they felt like.

Plus, I think I'd actually play Sheik if she weren't attached to Zelda. Also, Sheiks get a free godlike recovery when they switch to Zelda offstage, negating some of Sheik's intended drawbacks. The converse is also kind of true for Zelda. I wish Lucas could switch modes and get a better recovery when he needed it, a different, still-good playstyle, and then switch back whenever he needed to combo. Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to say it's borked or OP by any stretch, though.

Sheik's getting indirect buffs (at the least) in 3.5, so... that's a thing. Honestly, I think the only people who benefit from the transformation are Sheik mains who know how to take advantage of the good recovery, and Zelda mains who want better control over certain characters.

I believe if you're a Sheik/Zelda, you should be inclined to actually use your moveset (both Sheik's and Zelda's) to the fulllest extent before complaining about Zelda/Sheik being crap. Transform is a tool that has a lot of use, yet only a few people seem to benefit from it. I don't know if I'm articulating it right, but it feels like "fat" that hasn't really been recognized. Not a lot of fat nor very potent, but it's there.

I guess the point is: Use it or lose it. And my vote is for the characters to lose it + gain something else if at all possible. Otherwise, PMDT is stuck with basing a character's balance around 2 characters worth of options instead of 1.

Last edited:

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
So what if they remapped transformation to a smash taunt or special input so that the characters could receive a new move, but retain the ability to transform for players who want the option? Would that satisfy both sides?

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
So what if they remapped transformation to a smash taunt or special input so that the characters could receive a new move, but retain the ability to transform for players who want the option? Would that satisfy both sides?
That, or my my idea of keeping classic Zelda/Sheik, and make new characters for the solo gameplays. So rather than please one preference and displease the other because of numbers, I say a compromise should be reached. After all, there's a reason why some Shielda players jumped ship to Project M as a last hope for their favorite dual character.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
man why are all the princess players gay

jk lol

but seriously someone please separate the two chars
If I play Smash 4 with a friend (because I refuse to buy it for myself) I plan on playing Lucina.

So there's your non-gay princess player

inb4 Marth jokes

EDIT: Separation would also be cool in that Zelda could probably use the buff. Could let the PMDT do something cool with a new Down-B.

Sheik's new Down-B could be a chain that is identical to the side-B but whips around more wildly, can self damage and has a random chance of exploding

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Sheik could get some inspiration from Hyrule Warriors and use her harp for moves. Zelda could use something light related.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
If anything, I would just give Zelda a bow and arrow for her standard Special.

Sheik getting new moves means that she would lose he chain dart, and I like the chain dart.

...hmmm... ...maybe they can make it her new Command Grab/Tether Recovery?

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm in favor of separating them for new moves that are really useful this time...

Top Bottom