• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should players be allowed their own custom configuration?

Junaur

Smash Apprentice
It's not like you can assign macros to the buttons, so why not?

PanzerOceania

Smash Ace
he's asking us if we think you should be able to configure controls differently to your liking or should (in competitions) everyone have to play with set controls because turning jump off of ^ and assigning an attack to one shoulder key makes the game easier.

I say yes you should be allowed, everyone can so it's not like anyone has a disadvantage.

if you really did want to make a standard though I think it'd be good to at least make a pro standard that allows some of the things I mentioned rather than just using the set Brawl standard. Also are people pretty much settled on the GC controller? I have a third party wireless pad but the GC controller seems to still be the standard.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
This is just same as asking "should we just use the wii remote for playing?"
Afterall customizing doesn't mean turbo's and slow-mo's, does it ?

Top Bottom