• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Should Ice Climbers be Wii U exclusive characters?

Should Ice Climbers be Wii U exclusive characters?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeNo-BreaKer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeNo-BreaKer-01
3DS FC
1220-6182-2346
Should Ice Climbers be Wii U exclusive? Personally, I think yes. The Wii U version is $20 more expensive than the 3DS version and it will be released later. Roster parity is awful when we don't even have cross-play and the ICs were already working on the Wii U. The HD entry of a console centric series shouldn't be held back by the cheaper portable version.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Should they? YES.
Will they? Well that's another story...

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
Is anyone else besides me speculating that the Ice Climbers will be available as DLC for the New 3DS? The hardware is apparently better and it even has a second analog stick. It seems like it was made specifically with Smash Bros in mind.

Even though the 3DS had difficulty handling the Ice Climbers, I don't think that that Sakurai would give up so easily in getting them to work. And I think that's part of the reason why the New 3DS was made.

I'm betting that the Ice Climbers will come as part of the Wii U roster while the New 3DS will have access to the same character via DLC.

Last edited:

yiggs

Smash Rookie
New to the game and never played melee or brawl, but why don't they just run Nana at 30fps and Popo at 60fps like they do with the assist trophies?

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
New to the game and never played melee or brawl, but why don't they just run Nana at 30fps and Popo at 60fps like they do with the assist trophies?
Probably because Nana isn't a Luma or a Pikmin. Nana's a more complex AI that actually mimics the player's movements and attacks.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Probably because Nana isn't a Luma or a Pikmin. Nana's a more complex AI that actually mimics the player's movements and attacks.
And why couldn't she do that at a lower framefrate?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Is anyone else besides me speculating that the Ice Climbers will be available as DLC for the New 3DS? The hardware is apparently better and it even has a second analog stick. It seems like it was made specifically with Smash Bros in mind.

Even though the 3DS had difficulty handling the Ice Climbers, I don't think that that Sakurai would give up so easily in getting them to work. And I think that's part of the reason why the New 3DS was made.

I'm betting that the Ice Climbers will come as part of the Wii U roster while the New 3DS will have access to the same character via DLC.
I kinda doubt this, Sakurai is worried about people being annoyed or disappointed if the Wii U and 3DS version had different rosters. Imagine how people would react if they said "you have to own a new 3DS to fully enjoy this game now!" Not to mention how much of a pain it would be to lock certain aspects on one and not the other. How would someone playing on a 3DS play someone on a new 3DS? The only way I see this realistically happening is if they were to re-release it as a different version of the game "Super Smash Bros for New 3DS" and it was only compatible with other new 3DS systems.

As for OP there is really no good reason they shouldn't be released on the Wii U assuming they were far along to be playable. For my part they are the cut I care least about, but if they were already far in development I'd still rather have them back on one console than not at all.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
And why couldn't she do that at a lower framefrate?
Maybe it would look odd having a character with a full moveset moving at 30 frames? Maybe it's because of the Up B where Popo and Nana work in tandem with each other? I really have no idea. I wasn't part of the dev team.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe it would look odd having a character with a full moveset moving at 30 frames? Maybe it's because of the Up B where Popo and Nana work in tandem with each other? I really have no idea. I wasn't part of the dev team.
Yes it would look odd

But is looking a little off really that worse than not having them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom