• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I use Kirby VS Marth?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hey Kirby mainers, Im Skyler, a Ness mainer. Anyway Im deciding to use Ness to fight most of my battles, except one I KNOW Ness cant win....vs Marth..... as you may or may not know Marth has an infinite Ness cant get out of, and also Marth outranges most of Ness`s moves and can easily escape from his pk fire and counter his PK Thunder...

Anyway I have heard that Kirby may be a good match-up against Marth...do you think this is true? Should I pick up Kirby as a secondary? Or shoud I use someone eles? Please reply....Thanks in advance

Also I understand your opinions may be a little biased
(no offense, this is the Kirby thread after all, I mean if you asked the Ness thread whos better Ness or Lucas we`d most likely say Ness)
But try to give me your honest opinon.

Dpete

Carnifex
3DS FC
0834-1794-6801
If you made any effort to look into Kirby vs. Marth, you would see that Kirby is at a pretty big disadvantage. It's easily one of his worst matchups.

faytmaker

Smash Rookie
Yea Marth outranges almost all of Kirby's attacks and almost counter Kirby's entire approach with a simple F-smash. A Kirby fighting a Marth needs to rely heavily on shield grabbing and approaching Marth unconventionally. Long story short...I wouldn't pick up Kirby for the sole purpose of fighting Marth...not that Kirby isn't a good character, but if you're only picking him up to fight Marth I wouldn't.

Maybe try Toon Link for Marth. Spam projectiles and punish when he comes close.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
If you made any effort to look into Kirby vs. Marth, you would see that Kirby is at a pretty big disadvantage. It's easily one of his worst matchups.

Sorry, I admit I didnt. Its just I heard some people in Ness boards saying that Kirby works decent against Marth.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Honestly its not that big of a disadvantage, kirby is probably much more winnable in this matchup than ness. However if you are picking a character for the sole purpose of beating marth, there are probably better. Peace is reeaaallllyyy good against marth (or at least edrees is lols... i know people that picked up kirby cause they thought he was a snake counter since i have such an easy time with snakes o.O)

Snake is good against marth too since his fist and foot inexplicably outrange marths sword (wtf? lol)
Also characters with good projectile games work well. Lucario is another character that is pretty good against marth that isn't too common.... well its not a huge advantage but I would imagine lucario has a decent advantage due to his better spacing and projectiles, just have to avoid tippers so you don't die early which is very bad for lucario.

Top Bottom