• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I use jab?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Nair to jab is pretty much the only way to approach spot-dodgers with projectiles, since you can't come at them from the ground. This is especially important on IC, as they can keep a steady stream of ice blocks up, and if you approach with something witih landing lag you'll get chaingrabbed.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
jabs are great,after a while you could see it build up damage. dont just smash A though. You should try stopping yourself after the third or second jab.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
This isn't really relevant, but Idk where else to put it.
You know when some one starts doing a mindless frenzy of attacks on you?
Double jump, activate falcon punch at the height of your 2nd jump.
Ur foe, for the first few times, wll probably stop attacking when you are already on you way to the ground. By this time, it's probably to late to avoid.
Falcon smashes them. I've tried many a times, and it's worked well!
--sory, not to relevant

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^
Sounds cool, I'll test it out myself.

Back to subject. Jab -> Grab works, or into a tilt attack. So yes, use jab.
Bait them into going into a A-pressing frenzy. By the time they are able to stop attacking,you'll be on your way down, and they may or may not have time to react.... it tried on everyone that I used it against--then if they catch on stop using for a while, then surprise it with them again! :) lemme know how it goes for you

note: this also works with Ganon

anyways, continue with the thread dicussion

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
heres my advice... anything that does damage is useful and can be used to defeat your oponent so yes use jab if you can use it well

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Thta is kinda-sorta good advice...!

doesn't the jab lose power the more u use it because sakurai incorporated that new game mechanic that makes repetitive attacks weaker?

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
Jab is fast, gets people off your back, and can chain into grabs and other moves.

Yes, jab.

Eddosan

Smash Cadet
As others have said, jab can lead to grabs or tilts. I also think it's his fastest move.

So yes, jabs are good. Just try to do AA, AA(pause)A without going into the multi-hit jabs.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I think I've mentioned it elsewhere, but jab to grab not only does more damage than grab, but since it is much faster is a better option in the event that you miss (less ending lag). The only times my grab isn't preceded by a jab is when it's a dashing grab or I know my opponent is going to shield.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
heres my advice... anything that does damage is useful and can be used to defeat your oponent so yes use jab if you can use it well
Very helpful, thanks for your input. Next time I will try to use those "A" and "B" buttons. I might get better...

Top Bottom