• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Should I swich controller?

Smashin Smasher

Smash Rookie
Now that i am getting better at smash and thinking about competitive play do you think I should swich off wii controller and use the wii u game pad? Becuase of wii romote controllers it make it difficult for me to grab or dodge. Is it worth swiching? So any pros use the wii romote? Thanks!

sorry for bad spelling. i do not have spell check. it should say do any pros use the wii romote?

Last edited by a moderator:

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Do people ever read other threads before posting.
Switch controllers if you want.

Duck SMASH!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C.Piglet
If you are using the Wii remote and nunchuk, yes. The lack of dual sticks makes a huge difference in your control over your character.
If you are using the Wiimote alone, definitely. It's a huge pain playing with it, and it's more designed for newcomers who need a simpler layout.
If you have the pro controller/gamepad/classic controller it's personal preference.

Sacrosanct

Smash Cadet
NNID
IttyBitty_Smitty
Do people ever read other threads before posting.
Switch controllers if you want.
1. No
2. You could be a little less rude and a little more helpful.

Honestly, if you want to look in to improving your play, switching up your controller could be a good option. the GCC gives you a lot of good options. Using c stick for tilt attacks for example is very useful and certain characters like Charizard just for an example benefit from having your right bumper as jump for a sliding rock smash tech.

I would do your research and see what the pros are using and base your decision around what you want to accomplish more easily.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
1. No
2. You could be a little less rude and a little more helpful.

Honestly, if you want to look in to improving your play, switching up your controller could be a good option. the GCC gives you a lot of good options. Using c stick for tilt attacks for example is very useful and certain characters like Charizard just for an example benefit from having your right bumper as jump for a sliding rock smash tech.

I would do your research and see what the pros are using and base your decision around what you want to accomplish more easily.
Yeah, I apologize. Just that I see this same post from people with no icons every day practically. I should likely just ignore it at this point.

Sacrosanct

Smash Cadet
NNID
IttyBitty_Smitty
Yeah, I apologize. Just that I see this same post from people with no icons every day practically. I should likely just ignore it at this point.
I understand. I'm new here so this is the first time ive seen someone post this. That being said the poster seems to be kind of young and might not know how to use the search function.

Smashin Smasher

Smash Rookie
thanks for all the help guys. i switched to my gamepad. sorry. i should have searched for this before posting but this is my first say on the site as a member.

Noso

Hilarious words
NNID
spiritenemy
I was using the red mario smash controller for about a week, it worked ok but didn't feel comfortable. the gamecube remote just feels right, so use whatever feels the best to you.

Top Bottom