• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

should i stop doing For glory ? Help a pac main out!

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
I've been playing Pac-man for 5 months and fell in love with him when i picked him up. I have learned a lot about the pac and became a decent Pac-man main. But the only thing that gets me is For Glory mode. I lose to the most stupidest players!!! For example Ness's Spamming PK fire and Samus Spamming Her missile. I know this thread is not on the Smash 4 General discussion but i want to tell you Pac-mains. Should i stop playing For glory? The reason why i am saying this its because i feel like every time i play For glory i get worst. I am hoping this summer i can go to a tourney and maybe play with skilled players. This Thread might get deleted by the mods but HEY! That's how the forums work!

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
If you're losing to "stupid" players, then they're not so much stupid as they are exploiting what works. If you want to get better, of course I'd recommend playing other players who are near or above your skill level, preferably in a lag-free environment. If your main concern is getting better and you actually feel like For Glory makes you worse, then there are better alternatives to For Glory. But if you're mostly concerned with the fact that you can't overcome most types of playstyles on For Glory and that's what is bothering you, it might be a good idea to play even more For Glory and adapt your game to beat out the types of plays you're losing to. Do you ever record your losses? It can be helpful to watch yourself getting beat so that you can pinpoint exactly what it is you're doing wrong and for what reasons your play is being trumped by your opponents'.

Last edited:

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
If you're losing to "stupid" players, then they're not so much stupid as they are exploiting what works. If you want to get better, of course I'd recommend playing other players who are near or above your skill level, preferably in a lag-free environment. If your main concerning is getting better and you actually feel like For Glory makes you worse, then there are better alternatives to For Glory. But if you're mostly concerned with the fact that you can't overcome most types of playstyles on For Glory and that's what is bothering you, it might be a good idea to play even more For Glory and adapt your game to beat out the types of plays you're losing to. Do you ever record your losses? It can be helpful to watch yourself getting beat so that you can pinpoint exactly what it is you're doing wrong and for what reasons your play is being trumped by your opponents'.
Thanks Mate. I will still play For glory but at night because i find the best people there. i will start watching my losses and see what i did wrong so i can see what i did wrong. This post helped me a lot so thanks a bunch! (Also i didnt really mean "stupid players" i just mean people who do the same thing over and over and over.)

CMRaptor

Smash Rookie
NNID
cmeinhardt
Offline is the best imo, but if you are stuck on wifi like me I'd recommend looking for people to play with on different streams and maybe trying out Anther's ladder (although I don't like how his ladder is 3 stocks, but its still much better than for glory imo)

PacMain92201

Smash Cadet
You can also go to twitch streams and join a player's list to play with them in a set. Most of these players are highly skilled and go to tournaments (like Nakat, Nairo and false stream for example) so playing them will definitely help you improve. Make sure to ask for tips when your set is over that way you'll improve even more. For glory is absolutely terrible. It does make you worse in most cases. Also when you go on twitch streams you can ask anybody if you wanna fight and then exchange NNIDS. There are the occasional players that match my skill level and we end up adding each other. But that's a rare case

COLINBG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
COLINBG
3DS FC
3067-5729-5039
Lag helps certain characters, but not much Pac.

He's also a one of the most difficult characters to play right because he just seems so gimmicky, and you can't just go in or spam projectiles like a more traditional character would.

If you lose to things like Samus' projectile spam, just take your time. This technique is something that shouldn't work, so these matches are lost because you're not safe enough, or you're too impatient, I guess. Pacman is great at stopping spam since you have an hydrant (meat shield, lets you get free Keys and Bells if the opponent doesn't react).

The secret of being good (which is not a secret anymore) is practicing, so continue to do that, you'll get better and win more eventually. And yeah, try to play offline if you can.

Top Bottom