• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I play a character I like but I'm bad with, or a character I don't like, but I'm good with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowrohas

Smash Rookie
After ditching Dr. Mario, I decided to practice a new character, and I decided on Marth. Something about the few tipped hits I get are really satisfying. But the problem is, I'm probably better with R.O.B. and I really want to play competitive.

It's not so much that I don't like Rob as much as I just like Marth a lot more. But I struggle with approaching with characters without a form of projectile, which results in me getting shield grabbed or otherwise punished. Rob's cool and all, but Marth is just cooler to me. What should I do here? Practice Marth anyway, or just go with Rob? (Also any Marth advice is much appreciated)

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Play whoever you have fun with. It's a video game.

Well, what do you want to do? Do you want to win? Then play ROB. Do you want to have fun? Then play Marth. That isn't to say that winning and having fun are or should be mutually exclusive. You can have fun while winning! In that case, just keep practicing with Marth. Keep trying.

As for Marth advice, it would be a lot better to go to the actual Marth boards for that. Specifically this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-marth-question-and-answer-thread.383383/

Anyway, welcome to Smashboards (even if it is fifteen days late), and good luck!

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
After ditching Dr. Mario, I decided to practice a new character, and I decided on Marth. Something about the few tipped hits I get are really satisfying. But the problem is, I'm probably better with R.O.B. and I really want to play competitive.

It's not so much that I don't like Rob as much as I just like Marth a lot more. But I struggle with approaching with characters without a form of projectile, which results in me getting shield grabbed or otherwise punished. Rob's cool and all, but Marth is just cooler to me. What should I do here? Practice Marth anyway, or just go with Rob? (Also any Marth advice is much appreciated)
Only if you reach for the stars with your true desire, you can ascend beyond the typical tryhard.
Pick what you like and git gud, everything else aint worth it. You want to have fun long time after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom