• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I main Jiggs?

trusty

Smash Apprentice
im very new to sm4sh and have absolutely no idea who I want to use. All things considered I would like to use one of the originals and I'm narrowed to Luigi and Jiggs, my first two major melee characters. So why do you all use jigglypuffy?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
im very new to sm4sh and have absolutely no idea who I want to use. All things considered I would like to use one of the originals and I'm narrowed to Luigi and Jiggs, my first two major melee characters. So why do you all use jigglypuffy?
amazing air game, offstage fun, and rest combos are always hype. It's nice being a crowd favorite.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
She's one of the few Sm4sh characters i feel like i can actually go offstage and gimp people with.
Rests are also satisfying to hit.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
she's amazing offstage tbh, but only play her if you like REALLY love her. if you want to be effective, Luigi is hands down the best character in the game now that Diddy is nerfed. you MUST Rest or gimp opponents to keep up with the rest of the cast as Jiggs.

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
She's got a nurse hat

You don't need more reasons

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
She's cute, she has Yellow's hat from the manga, her off-stage and aerial game is baller and getting a Rest is the most satisying thing ever.

Also, her dash attack is IIIIINSAAAANE.

Burruni

Smash Hero
She's one of the harder to hardest characters to reliably use due to fairly short range and incredibly light weight.

However, your aerial control and off stage potential is something to be feared if you get down and the fear of the pocket rest is something that's simply stellar.

If you're really liking her but find yourself a bit frustrated, :4wario2:actually may be a nice fit because he's a bit more rush-down oriented and is fairly heavy despite his floaty way of having high air speed with similarly amazing recovery, threatening aerials, and the killer Down+B.

C4RDIN4L

Hachachacha
NNID
zbot09
3DS FC
3454-1311-6010
Switch FC
SW 4949 5867 3952
If you're really liking her but find yourself a bit frustrated, :4wario2:actually may be a nice fit because he's a bit more rush-down oriented and is fairly heavy despite his floaty way of having high air speed with similarly amazing recovery, threatening aerials, and the killer Down+B.
Lol yes, true. It's actually a little disturbing how similarly Wario and Jiggs can play… I'll also tack on that Wario has excellent ground game as well, and an insanely powerful fsmash.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Lol yes, true. It's actually a little disturbing how similarly Wario and Jiggs can play… I'll also tack on that Wario has excellent ground game as well, and an insanely powerful fsmash.
=/ Honestly his F-Smash is a bit of a nerf from Brawl because it takes so much longer to get out.

GoodMorningWood

Smash Rookie
It really is easy for some characters to make it back onstage, jiggs is great because of the possible offstage gimps that help a lot. and of course rest combos are so satisfying.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
I use her because she's cute and has rest. Honestly... at first I regret it a little, but eventually, as I used her more, I started seeing many many advantages

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Jigglypuff has hands down some of the best aerials in the game. Forward aerial and neutral aerial are good spacing tools. For up aerial, you can set up juggles. Back air is a godly kill move that usually kills around 110%. Down air, only to me doesn't seem as useful as Kirby's.

Compared to a lot of other characters like :4luigi:,:4mario:,:4zss:. :4falcon:. who have a lot of combos to use, Jigglypuff is a bit harder to learn. The characters I mentioned above, and many more, usually have a down throw to forward air. Jiggly doesn't have many combos, but if you're quite fine with that, you're good to go.

But keep in mind about Jiggly's weight. She can get KO'd around 80 to 90 percent, so be careful. Also, never only shield when going against a powerful attack. I once tried to approach a Lucina with Jigglypuff, I shielded, forgot about Jiggs' instant shield KO, and got destroyed in 0.1 seconds.

Jigglypuff is, I think, a quite fun character. Main her as you please. However, since Jigglypuff is a bit hard to learn, try easy characters.

Last edited:

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Jigglypuff has hands down some of the best aerials in the game. Forward aerial and neutral aerial are good spacing tools. For up aerial, you can set up juggles. Back air is a godly kill move that usually kills around 110%. Down air, only to me doesn't seem as useful as Kirby's.

Compared to a lot of other characters like :4luigi:,:4mario:,:4zss:. :4falcon:. who have a lot of combos to use, Jigglypuff is a bit harder to learn. The characters I mentioned above, and many more, usually have a down throw to forward air. Jiggly doesn't have many combos, but if you're quite fine with that, you're good to go.

But keep in mind about Jiggly's weight. She can get KO'd around 80 to 90 percent, so be careful. Also, never only shield when going against a powerful attack. I once tried to approach a Lucina with Jigglypuff, I shielded, forgot about Jiggs' instant shield KO, and got destroyed in 0.1 seconds.

Jigglypuff is, I think, a quite fun character. Main her as you please.
Actually, she can get KO'd much earlier by some attacks, so do keep that in mind (example, Bowser's fully charged fsmash near the ledge kills at about 14% with rage)

420quickscoper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3952-7274-7735
Actually, she can get KO'd much earlier by some attacks, so do keep that in mind (example, Bowser's fully charged fsmash near the ledge kills at about 14% with rage)
Yeah, I know - I'm just saying Jiggs dies between 80-90 from a smash attack.

Top Bottom