• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I learn SH Laser -> Pivot U-Tilt?

UltraInstinctNeo

Smash Rookie
I just want to preface this by saying I'm not a Falco main, yet. Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Also, I might be using "pivot" and "turnaround" interchangeably. If they aren't the same thing, I'm so sorry. I might mean Turnaround -> U-Tilt.

I play Falco in friendlies with C-stick-tilts and I have a lot of fun. I've been seriously considering trying to learn the bird without C-stick-tilts, but I'm kind of worried one of my favorite things about him might be too inconsistent on vanilla controllers; so I wanted to ask some people here about it.

Specifically SH Laser -> Pivot U-Tilt. I do them as fast as lightning ALL THE TIME with C-stick-tilts, it's my favorite combo starter bar none. Without it Falco is a lot less fun for me, so I just play Dr. Mario when I can't use C-stick-tilts. The thing is I've been practicing them for a few days and I have the vanilla inputs pretty memorized, I can get it all out pretty fast... but getting it fast enough to true combo (consistently) seems like a pretty steep order.

I have a really good practice routine. If the Falco mains here can assure me that, with a few weeks or months of practice, I'll be able to perform them like 90% of the time or more; then I'll probably stick it out. But if it's considered too tech heavy for a normal person to learn then I s'pose I'll just reserve Falco to friendlies.

Last edited:
Top Bottom