• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I keep trying or no

Switch to Mario?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
So for over a year now I've been using :4drmario:as my main because I prefer his playstyle downB, and Fair over Mario's. And as cheesy as it is, I like the costume more since I'm a big bio/anatomy guy and my favorite uncle is a doctor. I do well against friends, but every time I go to locals I do poorly. And every time I am at locals, I see plenty of Mario users but I've never seen another Doc user even once (other than a person who used him in friendlies for a little). I'm starting to think I don't have a chance with Doc and I can hardly find youtube videos of tournaments with Doc players that do well to learn from. So I'm seeing this board's opinion on if I should just switch to Mario or not.
Basically it's either winning more often or using the character I like. P.S I'm putting this here because this board seems more active than the doc one

Last edited:

Red Stache

Smash Cadet
Honestly.... It's all up to you.

I know Mario wearing his doctor uniform hasn't had a lot of results and success... but whatever you want more, whether it's just winning or using a play-style you like better, is your choice.

Sorry, I am not much help with this.
But I encourage you to look hard at what Mario has to offer currently, in his doctor uniform or normal duds, and make your choice then after you have gone over as much as you can in detail.

TAN-MAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
EvitanArt
I think if you feel like switching to Mario would help you do better in your locals and winning in general is more important to you than character loyalty then you should switch. Mario is also a very fun character and has a great kit.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If you like Dr. Mario's play style more then Mario's then imo you should give the Docter one more chance to see if you can get better with him at the local level. Just remeber that you learn more from a loss than a win..
But I'd also recommend trying to use Mario to see if you can get comfortable enough with his play style differences between the two and possibly have him as a secondary or a main if you decide on changing mains. It's not much of a decision that others can decide what's best for someone else..

Top Bottom