• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I keep my Rosalina amiibo in the package?

Princess_Emilu

Smash Cadet
Title says it all. I really want to take her out and use her in-game, but she's 'worth more' in the package.

I've never really been into 'collecting'. I've opened all of my other amiibos already. But given her high-demand and exclusivity... I don't know. It just feels like I've got something special/unique. I'm probably over-thinking it, its just a piece of plastic with an NFC chip in it.

Thoughts from the collectors out there?

JuanHUM

Smash Cadet
NNID
JuanHUM
Well if you plan on sell it dont open the package but in other hand if keep in in for collecting propuse there are a youtube video tutorial to get the use the amiibo without opening the box.

sorry for my bad english x)

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
if you bought the amiibo to use it, have fun with it and play, open the box.

when I have an amiibo i really like, i usually open the box carefully and keep the box itself :p

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I'm a "collector" but I open each Amiibo without a second thought. Even the rare ones like Rosalina and Shulk. I like to live on the edge.
Just do whatever you feel like.

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Unless you're a hardcore collector, open it. It's your figure and you should have fun with it.

Marakatu

Smash Ace
Just because it's rare it doesn't mean you are not supposed to have fun with it. You bought it fair and square.
I wouldn't keep my Rosalina amiibo in the package... IF I HAD ONE.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If you're not planning to sell it later on, you probably should open it up.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, it's all yours so you decide whether you want to use it or not regardless of how rare it is now these days.

Khao

Smash Lord
Did you buy it specifically so you can resell it later at some point?

If not, there's absolutely no freaking reason to even keep the box. Boxes have no value whatsoever outside of resales.

Unless, of course, you prefer how the figures look when they're inside and you're not planning to actually use them. I personally think they look better on their own, but that's just me.

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
I considered going all out once. Buying all of the amiibos, and then flipping them one day to make a fortune. Sadly, I decided not to after calculating the sheer cost of it all. I'm pretty confident they'll be valuable one day though. Some of them already are!

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
You can also keep the plastic and the cardboard that come inside the box. I still keep my amiibo in them.
Of course, they have no reselling value now, but I don't plan to resell them anyway.

Attachments

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Anybody that has an amiibo should keep it in the package to re-sell it later, at a higher price than it would sell if its package had been opened. Off with these lame digital dolls.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
I actually have mine in it's package too, but that's just because I might wanna resell it one day and and I don't feel like it's worth opening just for smash bros. However, if there's gonna be a game where she's gonna be useful, I'll open it asap.

Top Bottom