• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I go back to Pikachu?(Warning, wall of text)

paper otavio

Smash Journeyman
I've played with him almost all of the time in Melee, and in 64 I played him about half the time, but only because I played casually when I played the first Smash...
I played Melee pretty casually until I've wanted to beat my brother in it, and so, I learned advance techiniques and tried to beat him......sadly I failed miserably.......
I also used Shiek because she was the only top tier character I could play in Melee.....
Then Brawl came along, and I've lost interest in Pikachu since...
With so many characters, I tried Ike for a first, and then found myself to be no different from the early noobs of online play.
Then I tried Pokemon Trainer, and I played pretty mediocrely, but at least I was starting to get the hang of advance techniques and competitive play...
I played PT for aproximally 3 months before I came to my descision on what stands to be my official brawl main, Ness.
Ness fitted my style perfectly and he was by far an easy choice, even though some people say he is hard to use correctly..
I trained and trained, and my brother who maines Pit, who could best me without trying, loses to me, because I've decided to keep him.
Now, I come here and see other fellow users of Pikachu, and I seem to miss my old main character and would like to try him, although it just seems I lost all interest in him.....
Can someone help me recover this interest and help me at least try to like him as much as I liked him in the other Super Smash Bros. games?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
You know, you could've hit enter twice to avoid that wall of text.

On topic: You really should just play as characters whom you're interested in or good with. So if you're not interested in Pikachu, you don't have to force yourself to play as him.

But if you really want to get interested in using Pikachu again, just check out some matches on Youtube of Anther or something. Pikachu's a good character in Brawl, so you should just try him out for fun at least.

Khanxay

Smash Cadet
Try to remember why you played as Pikachu in the first place. If there's no interest, you're not going to get better with him. This is true for any character in any game.

I've played Pikachu every Smash game because I straight up enjoy playing with him. Also Pokemon Yellow is awesome.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Well you don't have to go back to Pikachu if you don't want to...but what you can do is main him along side Ness so you'll have the character that suits you, and a character you can work on. I'm sorta doing that as I also main Ness and Pikachu.

It'll be really good if you did main Pikachu in Brawl coz he's been buffed from Melee, and he kick a lot of arse for me :laugh:

Top Bottom