• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Should I get Smash 3DS for Chirstmas?

Birdygamer

Smash Cadet
I've been panicking recently about whether I should get Smash 3DS for Christmas because I fear that the online activities and events will die out after Ultimate comes out. Do you think I should still get it or don't bother?

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
Why would you get the 3DS version when Ultimate is coming out?

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
What do you think, should I bother to get it or no?
Smash is still Smash, if 3DS didn't die out after Wii U's release, I'm sure that it won't entirely die out after Ultimate's release (though the loss of players will be significant)

Birdygamer

Smash Cadet
Smash is still Smash, if 3DS didn't die out after Wii U's release, I'm sure that it won't entirely die out after Ultimate's release (though the loss of players will be significant)
Thats why I'm having second thoughts because that's the main reason why I want to get the 3ds version because I want to test my skills against people around the world

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
IMO the only thing Smash on 3ds had going for it is Smash run. Smash Run is Godlike, but I doubt you'll have anyone else to play with. My advice is get a game you'll have fun with on your own and won't destroy your analog stick, or save up for a switch and Smash Ultimate. With the console, the game, a controller, and an adapter it might run you close to $500. But hey, it only costs $5 to play friendlies at a local.

I'm broke. That's what I'll be doing. lol.

D

Deleted member

I would just get Ultimate tbh. When it comes out, hardly anyone will be playing online and Smash 4 is gonna die soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarDave

Smash Rookie
Well Smash 3ds does have the benefit of being one of the cheaper smash games to get. Getting the 3DS version is fine if you don't have a switch or Wii U. Though most of the player base will die out pretty quickly after its release. But you do you, I doubt you can spend 360 dollars on one Christmas gift. So yeah, go do it if you really wont ever get a switch. Otherwise just save up.

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
Buy a Switch and get on board of Ultimate with everybody man... A Switch is so cheap and the game will be 10x more beautiful and pleasent to play..

Last edited:
Top Bottom