• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should I Get Roy?

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
If this thread isn't in the right place, just get rid of. No worries.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting Roy. I have all the characters except him. I didn't get him originally because I couldn't care less about the Fire Emblem series and figured I'd rather save the couple bucks I would've spent on him. But now I'm considering it.

I wouldn't play him because I like the character. I would play him cause he's fun. So my question is: Is he fun enough to buy?

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Do you like to eat a good slice of pizza once in a while? Do you enjoy a carefree afternoon without work when you are able to relax at home and play video games? Do you like spending time with those who are close to you? Do you enjoy a nice, cold drink in Summer? Do you like cool and fresh Summer nights? Do you like waking up on a holiday knowing that you don't have to get up early that day?

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then go for it.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
Well if you want to play competitively, then buy him. If you prefer to play for fun, I don't really enjoy him that much. He feels awkward with his movement, his aerials feel kinda weak for some reason and he can't approach that effectively. I still think you should try him out. If you don't like him, well, how much did you really lose?

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Do you like to eat a good slice of pizza once in a while? Do you enjoy a carefree afternoon without work when you are able to relax at home and play video games? Do you like spending time with those who are close to you? Do you enjoy a nice, cold drink in Summer? Do you like cool and fresh Summer nights? Do you like waking up on a holiday knowing that you don't have to get up early that day?

If the answer to all of those questions is yes, then go for it.
Sold.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
If this thread isn't in the right place, just get rid of. No worries.

Anyway, I was thinking about getting Roy. I have all the characters except him. I didn't get him originally because I couldn't care less about the Fire Emblem series and figured I'd rather save the couple bucks I would've spent on him. But now I'm considering it.

I wouldn't play him because I like the character. I would play him cause he's fun. So my question is: Is he fun enough to buy?
it's just like 5 bucks or less. if you're REALLY considering whether to buy him or not then don't lol. $5 is like, nothing.

Seraphim.

Smash Ace
NNID
Seraphim35
Roy is definitely worth buying, they expanded more on his mechanics/playstyle while also making him a semi-clone so he doesn't feel redundant or boring despite Lucina being playable.

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
Listen Roy may not be for everyone

But just by playing as him your smash experience will be 200xs better

Also experience and being able to diagnose a gameplan when playing as or against and all the jazz

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
He's a beast in this game though, give him a shot. And if anything, play him intelligently over taking his strengths for granted. He's powerful, but gets sorta overlooked on depth by a lot players for that reason because all they do is being aggressive instead of spacing well with the character and putting your opponent at most nastiest disadvantage with his bait-punishing and trapping capabilities. Roy might leave most of the nastiest stingers there.

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
He's a beast in this game though, give him a shot. And if anything, play him intelligently over taking his strengths for granted. He's powerful, but gets sorta overlooked on depth by a lot players for that reason because all they do is being aggressive instead of spacing well with the character and putting your opponent at most nastiest disadvantage with his bait-punishing and trapping capabilities. Roy might leave most of the nastiest stingers there.
I do like very strategic, characters.

Aenglaan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aenglaan
3DS FC
0559-8074-9911
Absolutely. Unlike his Melee counterpart, he is a semi-clone and plays vastly differently thanks to new moves and animations. In fact, he is actually superior to Marth thanks to more attack power and speed.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
He's as much of a clone as Ike is to Marth.

aka not a clone at all.

Crawclaw

Smash Rookie
Our boy is a really good character IMO. I've seen Miiverse posts saying he's a clone, but I feel a massive difference between him and Marth that makes Roy my prefered character by far.

Top Bottom