• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should i get an N64 just for ssb?

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
I have played ssb at my friends house and (belive it or not) beat campaign on normal first try without losing all my lives. It was awesome and I want to buy it. But is it really worth getting an N64 just for ssb? Well, am going to the game store tomorrow. Also, what would be the average price of the n64, 2 controllers, and ssb? I only have 40$.

Thanks,
tomtom

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I have played ssb at my friends house and (belive it or not) beat campaign on normal first try without losing all my lives
Not exactly difficult. But if you liked the game I encourage you to get it.

However, dont buy it. Download the emulator and spend your 40$ on a USB compatible controller. That way you can play either by yourself on your computer, or vs anyone youd like online! (Ill play you anyday!)

Peace.

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
What the heck is an emulator? Plus, it was the first time I played, so I suppose I did good.( i dunno)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
An emulator is like a video game system on ur computer. A rom is a cartridge on ur computer. And an iso is a disk on ur comp. Best way i can explain it and dylan i wouldnt really say that cuss u have to own the game in order for it to be legal to play.

Pretty much...If u have an n64 u have the right to have an n64 emulator. Same with roms and iso's. Also go to the top of the ssb64 fourm and theres an idex. Click it then theres a guide to playing online near the bottom click it then read it. Its all the info u need :D

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
cuss u have to own the game in order for it to be legal to play.
Right, the cops are gonna break my door down to check if I have a copy of Smash Bros because I downloaded the ROM. Its technically illegal but no one ever, ever gets busted for it. Except maybe in the states because the U.S Is really harsh with its laws.

Its like smoking or dealing in marijuana. You have practically have to TRY to get busted for it.

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
If you are going to be playing with friends (who prefer controllers) get the n64 (hopefully you can get it for under 30$). If you are going to be playing by yourself, get the rom and consider investing in a controller adaptor.

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
I don't want to download the ROM. For that would be illegal.
So I guess I get the system and not play online. :(

felix45

Smash Lord
There is no way for the cops to tell who downloaded it even if they track the IP and know who owns the computer. there is no possible way to get caught. its just there to scare panzy kids away who abide by all the rules.

If playing roms/emus was a big deal you'd hear about it on the news. The only people who get caught doing anything illegal on the internet are thoes who pirate stuff and sell it for money. thats it. so unless you plan on burning CDs and selling them for money then I'd be worried. If not it isn't a big deal and no one cares at all.

Tera253

Smash Ace
even if the fuzz did track down your ID, just do what Tera did:
download your crap
bring it home on a storage device.

that way, if the IP was tracked, then the school or the person you logged in as, would get blamed.
~Tera253~

CutMet

Smash Journeyman
Downloading stuff from school is always good. You can also try at your local library but that's a little harder. Also don't be looking at pics while downloading your stuff, it's not good for you. This topic has become about how to get "illegal" stuff from the internet. Speaking of illegal stuff, someone sent me a link to a random site that stole my IP Address and said that it was sent to the cops, should I be worried?

Rupus

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm guessing that was probably a joke.

If you're THAT paranoid about downloading something that's illegal, buy the SSB N64 cartridge, a controller and a USB adaptor. Then it's not illegal, and you can play other people online.

And I'm closing this topic if people continue to spam, by the way =P

tomtom0919

Smash Cadet
I'm guessing that was probably a joke.

If you're THAT paranoid about downloading something that's illegal, buy the SSB N64 cartridge, a controller and a USB adaptor. Then it's not illegal, and you can play other people online.

And I'm closing this topic if people continue to spam, by the way =P
I think i have a Usb, whats it look like? How much they cost?

RedYoshi92

Smash Lord
I usually play on an N64.then when I'm ready I go online and practice to see what works better for me.

Top Bottom