• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Should I be ashamed of a 75% win ratio with my main or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
75% isn't low. It means out of every 4 matches you win 3. I'd say that's great odds.

WheelerFGC

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ocarinasonwheels
3DS FC
2020-0089-8969
Switch FC
8390-7649-9691
Heck, I only have a 45% win rate :(
Be happy, 75 sounds great

Vidd

Smash Cadet
You've been playing this what, two days?
That's way too early to start looking at winrates. Give it a couple of hundred matches.

But hey, it mightn't go up.

Morbi

Scavenger
Yes, you should be completely and utterly ashamed of yourself. That win ratio is super important and if you were half decent you would have a win-loss ratio of 100%. This game is not designed for fun, breh. There is no room for improvement, you have to be perfect day one. If you are losing, maybe you should quit.

:4jigglypuff:

BBC7

Smash Ace
Nope, not bragging at all.
I'm sorry if it seems like bragging, I actually wasn't aware that 75% was considered very good. I usually set high standards for myself, so maybe I was under the false illusion that it was bad. Anyways, I guess the responses answered my questions. Maybe this thread can turn into a "Discuss Win/Loss Ratios" thread instead, I suppose.

Last edited:

BBC7

Smash Ace

You got over 50%
/thread
I guess this thread is pointless, although I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this question. Maybe that should be a thing, Smash Bros FAQ, unless it already exists and I missed it.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I had to check the Competitive Section. I guess I'll lock this up then if I can.

Last edited:

Roko Jono

Smash Apprentice
Implying win ratio = gud

You could have been playing some really good players. Or maybe some bad players. Go with your gut feeling if you think you are improving with your main

Last edited:

Einyuri

Smash Cadet
(Opinion incoming)

Your first mistake was debating if your win rate was good or not.

As long as you're enjoying the game as well as your character, you're doing fine in my opinion. Just my two-cents.

But if you want an answer, 75% is pretty damn good.

D

Deleted member 245254

I'm sorry if it seems like bragging, I actually wasn't aware that 75% was considered very good. I usually set high standards for myself, so maybe I was under the false illusion that it was bad. Anyways, I guess the responses answered my questions. Maybe this thread can turn into a "Discuss Win/Loss Ratios" thread instead, I suppose.
You didn't even state your match count which is what gives the % any context. A 100% means jack-all if you have 3 matches total.

You should be sharing your match count win loss, not your %.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lichi

This is my war snarl
I wouldn't give too many thoughts about win ratio at all in the games current state. It'll take some time till the player flood slows down and you get ranked against similar proficient opponents regularly. I don't know what algorithm nintendo matches players with, but up to now it seems to just pick me random opponents.

Hoser

Smash Ace
I don't think win ratio really matters. I'm around 86% (over 100 matches), but the online matchup system has only matched me against 2 good players. The rest have clearly been casuals.

Spirst

I wouldn't give too many thoughts about win ratio at all in the games current state. It'll take some time till the player flood slows down and you get ranked against similar proficient opponents regularly. I don't know what algorithm nintendo matches players with, but up to now it seems to just pick me random opponents.
Pretty sure it is random. I'm at 174-18 and still come across some players now and then who don't even seem to know how to recover.

Lichi

This is my war snarl
Though nintendo has stated that some sort of match making goes on.
Could have been so easy if it was just some elo based or smth.
I lost faith in the play with anyone mode when I got the charizard that just repeatedly charged into me until I won the match with 0% dmg. That shouldn't happen after hundreds of games.

Bean Yak

Smash Cadet
NNID
Catman789
Why are you bragging? Isn't that the purpose of ranked, where you keep playing until the system puts you where you belong in skill?

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
Hmm... here the thing though, I'll play against someone who's better than me as many times as I can.
When against weaker opponents though, I'll play against them twice, with the second time as a character I want to practice with.

Hopefully I don't come off as rude or elitist to those lesser-skilled players, but I really like the challenge of a stronger opponent. I haven't checked my winrate yet, but I feel like I'm gonna end up with a low one.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I've won 76 out of 100 matches exactly and I'm thrilled with it. Even when I lose, it's fun because the online is WAY better than Brawl's.

Glitchin

Smash Rookie
Hmm... here the thing though, I'll play against someone who's better than me as many times as I can.
When against weaker opponents though, I'll play against them twice, with the second time as a character I want to practice with.

Hopefully I don't come off as rude or elitist to those lesser-skilled players, but I really like the challenge of a stronger opponent. I haven't checked my winrate yet, but I feel like I'm gonna end up with a low one.
I'd much rather play a skilled challenger than not one. Get better that way, but I don't mind playing against those who are lower skilled than me either, it's good for a confidence boost at least.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I guess this thread is pointless, although I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this question. Maybe that should be a thing, Smash Bros FAQ, unless it already exists and I missed it.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, I had to check the Competitive Section. I guess I'll lock this up then if I can.
I'll save you a bit of time and lock this for you. :)

Competitive will have the answers, as you stated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom