• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should For Glory matches be ranked?

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha I kind of agree.
Sometimes i feel like the Hulk, but other times I feel like Loki. :lick:

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Eh, I'm kinda indifferent. I'd rather fight people better than me, personally.

sonicmega

Smash Rookie
NNID
sonicmega
3DS FC
1306-5031-6241
I'd only be for them being ranked if the latency was a MINIMAL ISSUE instead of something I generally had to deal with. Input latency has a massive effect on battles against naturally fast characters (like Sonic) where prediction and pre-emptive behaviors becomes mandatory against their ability to act faster than Lagged Reaction Time can compensate for.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I'm kinda indifferent. I'd rather fight people better than me, personally.
I actually agree that they shouldn't be ranked because if I didn't play against both pros and newbs alike I wouldn't have learned and improved as much as I did. If I only played against pros I would have given up. If I only played against newbs I wouldn't have improved as well as I did.
If Nintendo were to rank games based on their for glory score I would be up against newbs because I intentionally stay playing against people I can't beat in order to learn why they are so good and how I can play better. I don't care much about my score as I do improving my game.
I also love going against people I can easily beat because I have have more confidence in myself.

I don't really like the idea of ranked for glory modes. Newbs who play on for glory are there because they want to get better and play like a pro.
Just be glad theres For Fun mode. Ha ha.

Last edited:

Abyssal Lagiacrus

Fly across the high seas and mountains
NNID
LugiaTheGuardian
3DS FC
2981-6257-4399
I'd rather not give the majority of For Glory players even more reason to play so un-fun and lame just to increase their rank. (and the hate and salt from them would just increase ten-fold as well)

blue_flavored

Smash Apprentice
NNID
blueflavored
I'd rather not give the majority of For Glory players even more reason to play so un-fun and lame just to increase their rank. (and the hate and salt from them would just increase ten-fold as well)
This is the exact reason I don't want ranked matches. Plus if I did nothing but play people the same skill level as me, it would probably drain me and I wouldn't play as much. I like having that mystery of whether I'm gonna body someone or get bodied, or maybe I'll have that match where I keep exchanging hits and combos with my opponent and make a new friend. Or what if I wanna try a new character? I don't wanna play a bunch of people at the same skill level as me playing their mains while I try someone I've never used before.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Yeah, this. I'm all for skill based matchmaking but For Glory is already a hellhole as is. No need to make it worse.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Anthers exists for a reason
Ranked FG would drive players to resort to even sillier and annoying tactics to win
People would do anything just to increase rank
FG is bad as is
Ranked would make it way worse
:189:

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
There's a good and a bad side to add matchmaking/ranking in FG.

On one side : it rewards the players who played a lot, thus making them fight other players that are as strong as them. It increase the skill of any player, giving them an objective to obtain. This would also mean that the more you play well, the more you won't encounter stupid players or trolls. It makes the player better and the mode more structured.

On the bad side however : it can also increase sneaky, spammy and disgusting players who are only interrested in ranking, not the game itself. It can make FG a lot worse than it already is, and could possibily discourage casuals who wants to start in the competitive scene.

In short : it's a 50/50. If it's well made, matchmaking can improve the game online wise. But if it's made poorly, you're gonna have a bad time.

FG is already bad anyway. Why should we fix something that can't be repaired ?

ddf.gif

Yeah, also, FG is already spammy enough to make someone puke. So, no, ranking won't improve this hell called "For Glory".

Top Bottom