• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should falcon be lower on the tier list?

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
Seeing that falcon use to be a major force to be reckoned with he use to be pretty high on the tier list. But in the modern era of smash it seems that people either drop falcon or his placements are fairly low.The meta seems to destroy him and the 20gx movement is considered by some to be a bad move for falcon. So my question is does falcon still deserve to be as high as he is or should he bel lowered?

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
At, I believe, Paragon, there were 4 Falcons at top 32. S2j and Wizzrobe have been doing super good with him, with Wizzy recently coming 4th at Dreamhack, I think Falcon definitely is still a great character.

Rpggames77

Smash Journeyman
falcon has already been dropping on the tier list tho
he is still above ice climbers and is "top tiers", some friends that I talked to said he should be in the same tier as samus and pikachu

MKarma

Smash Cadet
he is still above ice climbers and is "top tiers", some friends that I talked to said he should be in the same tier as samus and pikachu
falcon already dropped below icies in the most recent tier list (edit: I don't think anyone calls him top tier either, high tier is what I hear most often)

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Zero made a tierlistvid and he put falcon higer than the tierlist itself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBFTV1DH38E&ab_channel=ZeRo
Zero hasn't played Melee in 2 years and the closest he's come to winning a Melee national is 17th. I'm not sure I would call him an expert on the current meta.

Anyways, no he does not need to be dropped. Falcon is by far the fastest character in the game, he can combo literally everyone in the cast really well (aside from maybe Jiggs,) and if you can get into the opponent's head and read them well, you will be able to kill off of only a few hits. He's not the best in the game because people aren't TAS and his recovery sucks, but I think he should be above Peach on the tier list.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Ice Climbers need a secondary more so than Falcon does, mostly because of peach. He has the better overall matchup spread.

If character A beats everyone 90:10 but loses to one character 5:95, and character B beats every character 80:20, character B is more tournament viable.

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
I'd say Falcon's matchup spread is overall better than both Peach's and Climber's, but most people are better at the Falcon match up.

Uchihadark7

Smash Journeyman
SilentSpectre 2-0'd Armada, Hax was 6th in the World when he played Falcon, and then there's Isaiah. Falcon is really good, but Hax quit Falcon, SS went inactive, and Isai didn't like Melee. He doesn't need to go down on the tier list at all.

Top Bottom