• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should Daisy be altered slightly?

Felancius

Smash Cadet
With playtesting and many others reporting the same, there's literally not a single relevant difference between Peach and Daisy aside from some animations. While some people may not care, to others, this has gotten her criticized as a glorified reskin of Peach, in a similar vein that Richter is all but a complete copy of Simon (At least they have something different in Down-B).

What I think could be done through patches, while keeping Daisy as Peach's echo fighter, is in the next patch, making some changes to some of her features to let her have some notable differences from her fellow Princess, to make her feel less like a re-skin and more of like her own fighter.

Here's my thoughts on what should change for differences, just keep in mind I'm not noting any numbers cause I'm not a datamining mathematics expert:

For me, I think making Daisy as she was perceived as early on be the actual case, rather than it just a placebo that it ultimately was. Making her faster but with less damage output would make her more focused on dealing quick damage, rather than getting in the opponent's face all the time. In a way, being a faster, yet slightly weaker Peach would fit with being more spunky and energetic than the Mushroom Kingdom Princess, but that's my personal opinion.

1. Increase her speed - While being an Echo would mean she still needs to have a similar speed to Peach, increasing her speed by a small margin can make a load of difference. However, this speed increase wouldn't be a lot, as we don't want to break her.

2. Decrease her raw damage output - To balance out her character since Peach and by extension Daisy are in the conversation as best in the game as of typing this, nerfing her damage output with her increased speed would give her a focus on hit and run fast damage, which her moveset does allow given it's the same as Peach's.

3. Tweak her weight and floating - To word this, I say perhaps give her a shorter timeframe for floating to go with an increased speed. Making her have less float time and maybe making her lighter. This would make her easier to KO, but hit home the hit and run strategy, as she'd be like a taller, faster Jigglypuff.

4. Lastly - The Parasol - Daisy's up-B could be tweaked a bit as it could go higher, but do less damage and knockback than Peach's Parasol, making it more reliable for recovery, but a terrible option as a combo extender.

What do you guys think, should she be changed to differentiate from Peach, and if so, how would you go about it?

Last edited:

Lions’s Sin of Pride

Smash Rookie
Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong but I read somewhere that their hot box are slightly different and their B-Special is too. Daisy’s counter has more horizontal knockback.

20thMain

Smash Rookie
Here's what I know of the differences between them:
-Peach&Daisy differences-
1. Daisy is shorter by half a cube
2. Daisy's hurtbox is larger than Peach's during her run animation (Her arms swing wider)
3. Daisy's up tilt has farther reach
4. Daisy's Upsmash does 14% on standing opponent and 18% on the top. Peach's does 18% on standing. 14% for most anti-air angles and 20% on the heart sweetspot.
1Cube = Smallest squares in training mode
1Block = 10^2 Cubes

The most important difference, IMO, is that Daisy's UTilt has the higher reach hitbox with the trade off of a larger horizontal hitbox

Last edited:

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Yes. Daisy, Richter, and Dark Samus should absolutely be tweaked in patches to be more different. We don't need a full character rework, just some number tweaks would be enough.

I would be very happy if they took it a step further and introduced some mechanical changes like Ken, Lucina, and Chrom, though. I'm of the mind that athletic miss Daisy should be stronger than Peach but unable to float, making her higher risk and reward.

1FC0

Smash Lord
What I think could be done through patches, while keeping Daisy as Peach's echo fighter, is in the next patch, making some changes to some of her features to let her have some notable differences from her fellow Princess, to make her feel less like a re-skin and more of like her own fighter.
This is a good idea! Too bad that Nintendo is actually doing the opposite by patching Daisy to be more like Peach.

Last edited:
Top Bottom