• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Should anyone whine about spamming moves and other "noob" tactics?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
In a lot of these threads people complain about someone who spammed some move or another or about someone who only used the C-Stick. At first I agreed with these complaints. Using the same move excessively is a common trait of "noobs", but should we expect anything else from a player who is new to the game. They see that Sheik's downsmash is good and they don't know what else to do so they use it; they see that they can use the C-stick instead of using the control stick + a so they use it.

However, the more I thought about it, the more I felt that whining about it only makes it worse. Instead of complaining, the best solution is to beat them and show them that [insert so called "noob" tactic] isn't an effective strategy. Griping, especially during a match, only shows that your opponent has gotten inside your head. If the tactic is indeed "nooby" then experienced and/or good players shouldn't have trouble neutralizing it.

So let me pose my question again: Does it make sense to complain about someone who is spamming moves or a doing something else that is considered to be a "noob tactic."

Respawn

Smash Journeyman
In the shadows. Or NE Ohio. Whichever sounds bette
I used to complain about my friend spamming the C-stick. I always hated how much he used it, because at first I couldn't get around it. Then I realized that it's actually a good thing to use it, so I began to. Now I beat him all the time.

I try and make a point not to whine about anything now, because I never really liked it when my friends did it. Hypocrisy is just not my thing...

I say stop whining, and actually do something about it.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Should anyone whine about....

I stopped reading when I got to that point in the title and then clicked on the thread.

The answer is: No.

I still haven't read the topic, and I never will. Dont whine. End.

Akasuna no Sasori

Smash Apprentice
I think the only reason people whine about when other people use the C-Stick is because they don't know how to use it themselves. As for the spamming one move over and over, I can't say anything cause I do that quite a bit.

But more on topic: no. People shouldn't whine.

Ares726

Smash Ace
No. No you shouldn't whine. If someone just uses one move you shouldn't have trouble getting around it. It's just one move. Even if they spam the whole C-stick that's just four moves. If you can't stop them, they should keep using it. Prove to them that it's no good, don't wine about it while losing. That's just positive reinforcement on two counts: the tatic won the match and it got inside your head.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
ah now you see thats the problem.

spamming the best move in the game with little lag, over and over again when your opponent IS a good tactic.

Smash Master
Don't whine about spamming; if you can't adapt then it's your fault. My friend who mains Peach spams downsmash a lot, and I always crouch cancel it. I don't complain, I know that it's my fault I lost, and not the downsmash which I couldn't adapt to. If you can adapt, then what are you complaining for?

Fire Fox X

Smash Apprentice
It's been said many times before but I'll say it again, do not whine about it. Instead use it to your advantage, since their obviously going to spam a move, you will be able to predict the move your opponent will use, therefore leaving you a little time to make up a strategy on how to get around it.

Smash Master
I think that nobody advocates whining about spamming, but some people do whine about it, if subconciously. Sometimes I catch myself whining about Falco's Short-Hopped Lasers because it seems that there's nothing I can do to stop them. I don't think my whining is warranted, but it does occur.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Geez guys, why do you hate whining?
I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY NO WHINING!!
I mean, come on. Whining is productive. It lets others know they're being annoying, but I'M not being annoying. See?
:cry:

greenblob

Smash Lord
You shouldn't whine. If it's a "noob tactic," you should beat them to show them that it's not effective. If you can't beat it, it's not such a "noob" tactic, is it now?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
If anyone whines about how I play, I just simply say "No johns -insert name here-".
End of story.

greenblob

Smash Lord
GameFAQs.

I'M KIDDING! There are some smart smashers there. Raging_Placenta.;)
ROFLMAO!!!

Although it's kinda obvious that he's joking (or is he?).

Anyway, if you're losing to projectile/c-stick spammers, that's one of the reasons why this board exists. Go read some guides and learn how to deal with it. It's really not all that hard to counter, assuming that your friends aren't very good and aren't doing things like SHL, MC, etc.

Top Bottom