• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shots Fired 2: My First Tournament Experience

TheSmashWriter

Smash Rookie
Hi folks. This past weekend I attended Shots Fired 2 and since it was my first Smash tournament ever I decided to write a thing about it. I learned a lot about the scene and found that Smash 64 is grossly under served in terms of media coverage and PR. So I am going to try and make it my goal to remedy this. Here's my post https://thesmashwriter.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/shots-fired-2-a-shot-in-the-dark/ have a read and let me know what you think. Oh and leave a comment about your first smash tournament experience too.

Shears

Smash Master
Hi folks. This past weekend I attended Shots Fired 2 and since it was my first Smash tournament ever I decided to write a thing about it. I learned a lot about the scene and found that Smash 64 is grossly under served in terms of media coverage and PR. So I am going to try and make it my goal to remedy this. Here's my post https://thesmashwriter.wordpress.com/2016/03/08/shots-fired-2-a-shot-in-the-dark/ have a read and let me know what you think. Oh and leave a comment about your first smash tournament experience too.
Glad you had a great time, definitely come out more. I'll let mvg know of the issues you brought up. They are working hard to correct every issue but I agree that their organization needs to be a little better for future events.

Uair

Banned via Warnings
Tournaments are for casuals, play online and get good.

Grahamaglam

Smash Journeyman
Shut up SmasherX you haven't said anything of value in the 7 years you've been on this site.

I'm glad more people are willing to give 64 some more media coverage given it's small size compared to the other smash games. It will definitely help accelerate the growth of the scene we've seen recently. My only critique of the article itself would be that it had a fairly slow introduction that didn't match the pace of the rest if the article as a whole. It didn't have anything to get me interested to see what you thought of the 64 tournament you attended.

The article does however do a great job highlighting one of the best things of the 64 community, the feeling that you are already a part of the community even when you just join. Even the top players will agree to play a few games with you even if you are totally new and on top of that, give you tips to get better. I'm surprised LD still plays me online after beating my Link and mario for hours in total.

Last edited:
Top Bottom