• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hopping

Mars-

Smash Champion
Is short hopping really that useful that you should shorthop everyjump? I know for me I only see it useful for the down air on a fox shining your missile, or for platform canceling. I also use it for quick missile cancels on FD. Do I really need to short hop every single jump?

Somebody

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say that its needed every time but I find it helpful on CFs and falcos to shffl sexkicks alot. They usually end up running into a few.

mario-man

Smash Lord
If you shorthopped every single jump you could never reach any platforms without double jumping. It's mostly used for combos, and to do certain attacks, but I wouldn't do it every single time.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Ya, not every jump. But every jump where it would be faster or set you up better, ya

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Its neccesarry in some cases, since Samus if a floaty character. So useful when like doing combos or if ur in the middle of a combo in the air? o.o

Top Bottom