• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short-hopped D-Air = wasted second jump

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I try to do a short-hopped down air by hitting up on the Control Stick and then down on the C Stick, my character just instantly wastes his second jump instead, about 90% of the time.

Is this something that will be fixed? It is a bug, right? I don't see how this could be useful in any way.

Note: I don't know if it makes a difference, but I usually play with Input Assist on, or between 6-10 frames of Buffer.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
This wasted second jump problem never happens when I use Control Stick Up -> C Stick Down in Brawl Minus or vBrawl.

Why does it only happen in Project M?

BTW, I use X/Y jumps and tap jumps nearly equally. One is better than the other in certain situations IMO.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
I feel his confusion, but I might just make it worse... srry.

@ B Bent 00 I use Tap Jump and can do my aerials with any character just fine w/o wasing my DJ. My only theory is that you are pressing X/Y or Tap Jump right before you D-air, then again if this was the case you would see yourself jumping. If you use a character that can Double Jump Cancel, (Yoshi, Ness, Mewtwo, Peach) it might make a difference. Inputing any aerial right as you jump will cause you to not jump but have your 2nd jump taken away, hence the name DJ cancel. Also because you are using buffer might make a difference, I dont use buffer on PM but I play vBrawl and the buffer doesnt hurt my aerials at all. So idk.

Bent 00

Smash Apprentice
It's mainly a problem for my Falcon. I can't do short-hopped D-Airs to approach anymore. :(

Top Bottom