• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop

Rizzo

Smash Rookie
Today I decided I needed to up my gameplay and smack down some shffling action, but I'm having a rediculous amount of trouble trying to get the short hop for shffling down. I'm spotty at best. Does anyone have any tips on how to master short hopping?

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Press it faster? Seriously dude, what's the point of making a thread to answer an easy, generic question like this? Y'know that magic word that starts with P, ends with ractice? Do it...

Spontaneous Spaz

Smash Cadet
alot of people like to use the x or y buttons for jumping
and in order to shorthop with these, you just lightly tap the button

but i'm weird and jump by pressing up, so when i shorthop, i flick the joy stick upwards ever so lightly. it also helps to have a slightly broken in joystick, one that wobbles a bit

/\/1/\/J4

Smash Journeyman
XD yea shorthopping is very annoying with IC but just tapping it lightly works. as for hittinh it lightly fast all you need to do is practice.

Top Bottom