• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop

affinity_

Smash Rookie
I have a lot of trouble doing a short hop, Most of the time i just end jumping normal. Does anyone have any tips on short hopping?

EnigmaticCam

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's not easy with Fox. I still find myself full jumping when I mean to just shorthop. When you hit X/Y, instead of lifting your finger back up, try quickly sliding it off.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
also if you can, you might want to start off by sliding it INWARDS into the controller, so you dont need to move your thumb back.

sounds silly, but it can make a whole lot of difference with the much harder techs.

but once you learn one way, dont try and do the other, unless theres a specific tech. in which case, you learn both ways.

mezicanDragon

Smash Cadet
well.. what i do is i X then Y it.. like i let the begining of my thumb hit it and then i let the tip of my thum roll down. its the best way to not hit the A other wise X,Y will make u hit the A most of the time

Top Bottom