• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop Double Laser (Need help learning, can't find another thread)

KonradGabreil

Smash Cadet
Topic explains everything.
Whenever I short hop to attempt double laser.. it always does 3 shots, and that isn't what the youtube videos show.
Can someone give me a detailed explanation explaining how?
"Right at the peak of the jump" Which means right before he stops dropping? Or right when he reaches it?

tansurn

Smash Rookie
Its hard to explain the exact timing for this. Try it in Slo Mo and experiment with where in the jump to start it. Just be systematic with your tests. Start the first one when you're almost at the top, then keep doing it a little later til it works. Then keep going until it doesn't work, there's a short window of opportunity thats a lot more obvious in slo mo. Once you know when to start the laser, its not too hard with just a little practice.

Hope this helps.

Deuce

Smash Cadet
it depends really, if you do it at the peak of the jump, you will shoot 2 lazers at the top of the short hop right after eachother, both will hit a tall enemy or a jumping one. However if you do a slight pause after the short hop and fire, then you will shoot one high, and one at ground level (this shot will not make a sound). Also to avoid the 3 laser thing, make sure you are only pressing B twice, if you spam it you will fire 2 in the air and on locked on the ground, just gotta practice practice practice

Grid

Smash Rookie
It just takes getting used to the timing and training your finger to press it twice.

Don't worry it will eventually come to you. Just takes time and practice.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
If you're shooting three lasers instead of two, then that means you're just spamming, try to be more precise with your button presses. First SH wait for half a second then hit B twice. First laser should come out at the peak of your jump, while the second laser should come out on ground level.

sazabi

Smash Cadet
jump, wait half a second and press B twice and ONLY TWICE no spaming. (fire from peak of jump) learning curve for me was a day.

HolySmokes

Smash Rookie
You can also just time the lower shot by yourself if you like, not as effective, because you only need to dodge one shot but you might feel more comfortable with the time.

RoalbeZ

Smash Cadet
Hi! Im completely new to the community.

i have a question I have been trying to get falco's SHDL down and in the video I see him shooting them in the same direction twice hopping back and forth. My question is what do I do to avoid me doing a phantasm hit (forward/back B) when im hopping back and forth?

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
It should be easier than melee. You could run first and use RAR principle for jump backwards (facing forward and do the same), or you can practice tapping the stick to the direction you want to face and let go BEFORE you press b.

Top Bottom