• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Hop Double F-Air

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
How do you perform Marth's short hop double f-air consistently?

In my experience flicking the C-Stick twice works well if you're just practicing in place but when it comes to combos forward A and then C-stick seems to work best if I'm able to mash out the first F-Air with A.

Thanks in advance!

DJ _ICE

Smash Apprentice
Just practice it enough and whatever works with you will be perfectly fine. Don't just practice it in place, but also against an opponent so you get it consistent in the actual heat of battle.

Million

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it doesnt matter hitting the double fair without an opponent because connecting the move will create a bit of lag. Similar to how hitting a shy guy on yoshi (marth) story will create lag in the move. (obviously not as much just an example)

The best consistent way I found was to try and get your timing of the first fair down so it comes out as quickly as you start the jump. once you have that timing down and you dont input a fastfall you should find plenty of time to input or mash another fair into it.
and then just learn timing over time.

-Million

KaiserNotSoze

Smash Rookie
1. Hold stick in direction you want to fair
2. Short hop (i find it easiest to flick x even though i normally use y)
3. Press z immediately after shorthopping while Marth is rising in the air
4. Just after peak height press z again

To me this is the easiest but whatever works for you is the best method.

Toe

Smash Apprentice
I had trouble with this earlier and what I found to really help is that you're not supposed to just spam the fair trying to get two out as fast as possible, but you need to have it timed well too. The first should come out as marth is rising from his ss and should allow you to preform another quickly before he falls. It's a little annoying to get the hang of at first but overall not very difficult once you know what you're doing!

Top Bottom