• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short hop dair off the stage

lanbobyonson

Smash Rookie
Why have I never seen this? Falco can recover back to the ledge on every stage after short hop dair off the stage (tho yoshi's story only if you do it perfectly). So why don't people do it? I understand there are safer options but sometimes it's the best and fastest thing to do for a KO. Maybe I'm just too manly.

Last edited:

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
If I understand what you're saying then its not really a popular thing to do, because most people camp ledge example m2k on the ledge with sheik, it's bad idea to short hop dair off the ledge not a good option indeed, in fact in that situation you should just sit back and short hop laser never mess with a person on the ledge because they can and will punish you. So going back directly to your question there are just to many safer and in my opinion more flashy ways to use the dair, now the bomb solider a popular technique before but not now, looks pretty good for a finisher and would be good if you are up on stocks and wanna style on a opponent but remember I would practice doing this before use in a real tourney or competitive scenario to be blunt yea it could be used but people just dont do it anymore hope I answered your question bye.

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
I understand there are safer options but sometimes it's the best and fastest thing to do for a KO.
The sole reason it's not the best is because it's unsafe. Options like ledgehop dair, or run-off rising dair, or simply SH dair are better options because, unless you're going for a suicide dair last stock, or a hail mary dair, you could miss or mess up.

Let's say PP messed up that dair against M2K. Lol, there goes that stock. Which is why you don't see PP doing it unless it's a lack stock situation or something. If you watch Westballz vs Fly Amanita where he does that exact suicide SH dair? Fly SDIs to the stage and West loses the set because of it

MALVM MALVM

Smash Apprentice
It's an awesome as a combo finisher though. If you've weak naired (char specific) them and they're getting knocked to where you can hit with sh dair off stage, it's a super good way to finalize the kill.

crimsonfail

Smash Rookie
I always use short hop dair to kill, I do a DJ right as I fall past the ledge, slam down on the cstick, then drift back and land on the stage without having to recover :)

Top Bottom