• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short-hop + attack tech change

Swordmaster102

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordmaster102
I may be one of the only people that dislikes the new feature to smash, which is the attack+jump short-hop tech. As most of you know, this is a tech that makes you instantly do a short-hop and an aerial at the same time when you press jump+attack. Since the launch of the game, this new feature has bothered me in my gameplay. Because this tech has been implemented, I find it impossible to do a frame perfect (for say) rising f-air full-hop. The tech prevents you from buffering a full jump and attack basically, and because of that, certain combos that would be doable, are now impossible just because of it being present. In all honesty, I believe this tech should be optional to turn on/off in the controls setup.

I would like to hear what anyone thinks, whether it be if the tech bothers you as well or if you find no problem with it.

FoxxyGramps

Smash Rookie
yes. zero commented on this in one of his videos. he noted that it would lead to a bad habit of using that even against short characters who a short hop+delayed arial could hit. however, against taller characters, it can prove to be somewhat useful in the sense that you're not using as much brain effort to hit them with it

Top Bottom