• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short Essay

voittaa711

Smash Journeyman
Chicagoland area---1v1 no items AIM- Voittaa711
I was looking through my word documents and I found this essay I wrote freshman year of high shcool. Back then it was just some paper I had to turn in, but when I read it now, I really like it. Let me know what you think.

Children’s heads drop to the ground as the skies turn from blue to gray. Even the gates of heaven refuse to shine evading the worst that is on its way. To most, a rainy day is a bad day. When the clouds spread over and the rain begins to hit, the mood is set. It is the perfect day for frowns and sadness. Yet, if taken at a different perspective, it can prove to be more pure than sunshine itself.

When a raindrop leaves its spot in the cloud, it makes a journey that is worth waiting for. At the end of its journey it pats the ground. The pat is such a soothing sound that can bring even the children, who long for the blue skies to come, around. At first they don’t understand it, but then their frowns turn to gentle smiles as they just listen to what the rainfall has to say. They realize that the rainbow is not the only thing rain can bring. It can bring a light security to the heart.

The rain sometimes is followed by a small thunder that wishes not to intrude, just to speak. It mixes in so perfectly that the smiles of the children grow bigger as they just simply listen.

The sun has now come back to show its face brighter than ever. Birds are chirping in trees with drips still falling from the leaves. The children go back to play in the sun, but now they pause and look up to see faintly in the distance, a rainbow. It is there to end the show and to remind them that the rain wasn’t so bad after all. Next time they shall remember that.

Top Bottom