• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short down A

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I know most of you do not have the game yet, but this is a question directed at those who do (If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to comment ^^). Through my games with sonic I have noticed that his kick can sometimes go a much shorter distance. With this short kick it is possible to throw out two in a row before hitting the ground depending on hight. Anyone have any idea on how to do this yet? I am playing around with it a little, so if I figure it out I will let you all know =).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I know most of you do not have the game yet, but this is a question directed at those who do (If anyone else has any ideas please feel free to comment ^^). Through my games with sonic I have noticed that his kick can sometimes go a much shorter distance. With this short kick it is possible to throw out two in a row before hitting the ground depending on hight. Anyone have any idea on how to do this yet? I am playing around with it a little, so if I figure it out I will let you all know =).
I don't have the game, so I apologize for not replying to your question.

However, I thought I was the only one who might have noticed the strange property his down aerial had.

Infact, if you check out the American Tokyo vs. Kyoto Wifi Battle on the Dojo, you'll notice that Sonic does his down air, blurs a little bit, but doesn't move at all, then proceeds to jump again and use another attack.

It's like he stalled out in the air using the attack...

Unless of course I'm missing something here.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I don't recall seeing it in hat video, but it very well may have been. Over the next few days I may figure out how to control it. Though, I have done everything from pressing buttons I thought made some form of sense, to button mashing the controller =P. Can't seem to make it do it outside of its random occurrences when playing in a match.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't recall seeing it in hat video, but it very well may have been. Over the next few days I may figure out how to control it. Though, I have done everything from pressing buttons I thought made some form of sense, to button mashing the controller =P. Can't seem to make it do it outside of its random occurrences when playing in a match.
Well, after looking at it again, I realized that he doesn't really do it at all in that video. I do remember him doing the attack on Lylat Cruise and what I described happening, but I don't remember where I saw it.

If I happen to run into that video again, I'll edit or post it here...

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Sounds good =)
Day 3 for me playing sonic and still no luck on controlling it. =/

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
It seems like this shorter down A works for all characters that have a falling attack. Such as Game and Watch, Toon Link, Shiek, and Sonic.

Top Bottom