• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Short character neutral?

jaqo

Smash Rookie
I was hoping some mayors could help me out with my issue. I seem the have a lot of trouble against short characters such as Kirby, olimar, and pika. I can't seen to wrap my head around the neutral here, slingshots are not very effective and a low shot has end lag that usually gets me punished, and I can't seem to get much off Lloyd's against these guys. They even seem to be able to duck under uptilt and even sometimes dtilt. I have similar problems against low profile runners too. Any tips?

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
First off, low ducks cant duck under dtilt or utilt. That's not a thing.
Just like any character villager is fighting, retreating NAir, pivot grabs, pivot tilts, U-turn dtilts and jabs help out, pivot axe and dtilt spacing is essential.
Neutrals against smaller characters just require more usage of these tools over slingshot. Use lloid sparingly against fast characters like always to avoid being punished before the hurt box is out. This most definitely includes pika since he can just punish you lloiding with UpB into utilt. Remember SH Sling punishes jump option and also you can string at least one sling off a successful lloid.
Probably missed something here, sure someone else can give you a better rundown on how exactly to play the neutral.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
For short characters, I feel the usefulness of dair doubles.

It's so good in these MUs.

Top Bottom