• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SHLING Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sony

Smash Apprentice
I need help with my shling my lasers go to high i dont know how to time the lasers just right if i do it right a way there to high and if a wait a little bit the laser doesnt come out at all, plz help me anyone

Adi

Smash Lord
Just keep changing the timing around a little until you get the rhthym for it, it's all about practice. If after a while you still aren't getting results than perhaps falco isn't the best character for you =/.

WhyBooger???

Smash Cadet
Yah,Jus Try 2 Time IT Differently.....And Maybe Ur FastFalling 2 Fast....Or Ur Jus Not FastFalling At All...and ThATS Probably Why Ur Shootin The Lasers 2 High......

Sssurivad

Smash Apprentice
I had the exact same problem when I started to learn to SHL (about a month ago :p). What you have to do is try to push the b button later, and fast fall faster after pushing the b button.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Make it a rhythm. Short hop, Laser, fastfall. When you fastfall will determine the height of the laser. Make sure you always press B before you shorthop and as you hear the little ''click'' of the laser starting to be fired, fastfall immediatly.

Those non fast falled SHLs are your friend too especially on stages like fountain of dreams where platform height varies and you need to have lasers all over the place.

im having trouble shl'ing backwards ive read about it and i try but i doesnt work. any tips?
Ah reverse SHL, I had a bit of a tough time with this one. My trick is to run away, jump, and then very lightly tap the control stick the opposite direction, then I make sure my thumb is not moving the control stick at all, press B, and fastfall.

It sounds complicated, but with time it becomes 2nd nature. Be sure to learn reverse SHL as it is one of falco's crucial techniques for regaining control, since he doesn't run that fast.

lillight3

Smash Apprentice
practice doing it against Pichu. Do it until you can hit it in the face consistently then mix it up by throwing reverse lasers into your practice

mathos

Smash Champion
Usually the height of the laser depends on when you fastfall. If you're pressing B after you short hop (ie not the peak of your jump) then it matters when you hit down on the joystick.

For those frame fanatics, pressing down 8 frames after you laser will get you the fastest and lowest laser possible.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Usually the height of the laser depends on when you fastfall. If you're pressing B after you short hop (ie not the peak of your jump) then it matters when you hit down on the joystick.

For those frame fanatics, pressing down 8 frames after you laser will get you the fastest and lowest laser possible.
There you go. If anybody would know, it's mathos. Thread closed.

Besides, I swear this topic has been made a million times before. Please search before making threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom